Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Landrover Series IIa Help please  (Read 23496 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Landrover Series IIa Help please
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »
Hi George, my OH was off today and I know he's been tinkering, but have no idea what he's done.  GThe Landy is still off the road - typical when the weather is like this!  I am now stuck with the Mondeo which either won't let me in or will let me in, but won't let me close the doors - not fun when you're running late for school!!  It has been a great car for handbrake turns on the ice though!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 02:51:39 pm »
hey up Miri have you been watching Evans building a Landrover on tv He dismembered it and set off with a galvanised chassis refitted  axles and wheels.Rebuild  a V8 engine and gearbox and fitted them in the rolling chassis last night he refitted the windows and the cab and he fitted the mostexpensive anti theft device money can buy Tonight hes finishing it off and trying it.Its also on the same Chanel as the War time Kitchen and Garden on Friday Ruth is going to cook some of the recipes from the 1940's I'm looking forward in anticipation.G&K
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »
Hello Annie in particular.What you have said may well be true but Not many of the Merc G Wagons and the Land cruisers and Suzuki's seem to show Range Rover and L/R's how to do it at these off road events is there LOL xxx
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

moltonfarm

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 01:27:11 am »
Have you cleaned the fuel lines - sounds like dirty fuel, or possibly water/condensation in the fuel system (if it's diesel), Chris

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 07:27:26 pm »
Hi Wizard, Yes I have watched a few of the Landrover rebuild programmes.  Interesting viewing, but I don't like the end result - not my style - too bling!!!

moltonfarm, its a petrol engine!  I mentioned your comment to my OH anyway and he grunted.  Probably not the best time to tell him things when he's watching a shoot em up movie!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 09:16:50 am »
Mornin all Miri I know! I know! I don't know you at all only on here but you come across to me as a nice pleasant middle of the road lass with her usual worries that us folk have.Bit short of cash this month the leckie and gas needs paying and the car wants insuring they all come at once no matter how I try to even them out  ;D ;D ;D Mark Evans to me WAS NOT spending his money so it came over as a bottomless pocket or should I have said his arm couldn't reach the bottom.You and the OH and I could buy a decent L/R for what he spent on the security kit on the one he did up. Another thing what a krap colour Land Rovers like that are Land Rover Bronze Green to look really good.Well me and the boys think so any way.They don't like a V8 motor either the axle shafts seem to snap quite often We have been there years ago.We are into as straight as one can get factory spec but we do approve of magic spark.Some how Lucas never got it 100% right. There is lots that don't start to good on a foggy morning alright not foggy the sort of morning where every thing is dripping in dampness. ??? ;D :farmer:

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:37 pm »
Mark Evans is fun to watch in a fantasy sort of a way, but that's it for me.  I wpould much rather see the restoration of a total wreck that has been rotting in a shed for 30 years.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 06:50:51 pm »
Me too Miri and I have done a few in days gone by :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS