Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: House move forces animal scale down.,.Central Scotland  (Read 2095 times)

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
House move forces animal scale down.,.Central Scotland
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:15:40 am »
 :-\ Hi all i've recently moved to a property with less usable space so I'm having to part with some animals..1 Shetland pony FREE (7 yrs old, can be handled but not ridden, stallion..very sweet, likes children and not stalliony), 2 wether goats £50 each( both small and very, very petted..my toddler treats these like dogs and puts them on leads, they make amazing pets for children), 2 male ducks(muscovy and aylesbury) and one goose £30 for the 3( these live happily together and just plod about the garden not bothering anyone really).  I would like to find good homes for all of them rather than see them go for slaughter..if I wanted to do that I could do it myself but they're all worth saving.  Thanks for reading.  :thumbsup:

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
Re: House move forces animal scale down.,.Central Scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:17 pm »
Ahh good luck finding them homes, if your on Facebook try this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/scottishsmallholders/

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:22:03 pm »
Hi
How much space do the goats need and are they prone to escape at all. 

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:22 am »
Hi, at the moment they are in a patch abut 20ft square and have an old wooden wendy house for shelter..I've been feeding them a scoop of lamb pellets everyday and so far they have stayed in.  Before I moved they were in a penn made of sheep gates and stayed in that too.  They are absolutely adorable and love running about the garden with my daughter,  when it's time for them to go back in their bit they just follow her in with no fuss.  Out of all of the animals these are the ones I'd rather keep but I'm a landless keeper here so have n choice, they crave company so it's not really fair to stick them in a field with no contact..then they may break out!

Angela

Moregin

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Grangemouth
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:25 am »
Hello there

Can you let us know where you live - I am in Grangemouth. Is the goose a male or female? I have a little flock but have 2 males at the moment but if she was female she would be great to add to my gang....and the ducks could eat my slug collection!!!!

Regards

Stu
Try to be the type of person your dog thinks you are!

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:49:37 am »
Hi Stu..When I got the goose I was told that it was a female but it's not laying so I have my doubts..it didn't matter to me as I only have the one but the short answer is I don't know.  The ducks are def male though.  I'm just outside Callander.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS