Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Picking up our weaners tomorrow  (Read 1992 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Picking up our weaners tomorrow
« on: July 28, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »
For the last 4 years we have got our weaners in Feb/March time and they then go off in July. This timing meant that they missed out on all the summer forage around - so this year we decided to get them later, we originally planned for end June.
However it has been quite difficult to source the pigs at this time of year and I was getting to the point where I thought we were not going to get any until the autumn. BUT I have just arranged to pick up 4 middle white x pietrain weaners tomorrow  :excited: :excited:
So the pig paddock is all sorted and the arc has been freshly swept and filled with bedding - I am SO looking forward to having pigs on our smallholding again  :thumbsup:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Re: Picking up our weaners tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:10 pm »
Ah l envy you, loved having our piggies  :pig: Still plenty in freezer so couldnt justify getting more.  :(

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:08:13 pm »
Ah l envy you, loved having our piggies  :pig: Still plenty in freezer so couldnt justify getting more.  :(
Kelly, I am the same as you. The freezer is stuffed full. I will get some next year though.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »
Love pie train x's  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS