Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 'Olidays/Busman's Holiday  (Read 3800 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
'Olidays/Busman's Holiday
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:45:39 pm »
Not sure whether it's been mentioned before,but it seems there's quite a few people from quite a few different countries on here now......( can you see where this is leading?)..... so i just thought,as we're all of the same ilk,and to see how someone else is doing it and gain more experience in other aspects, why not swap houses for a week or so. A day either side for handovers/takeovers should cover every eventually,a week in a different area/country and Bob's yer aunty.
 Ok,so I know everyone has job commitments,schooling,pigs in labour,chickens that need treatment and dogs that might not take too kindly to someone different,....just something to think about.

They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: 'Olidays/Busman's Holiday
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:57 pm »
Sounds wonderful, couldnt get OH away for love nor money.

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:55:14 pm »
yes I'd like to swop for a week - but only for guarenteed sunshine ;D

any one in Australia interested in a week in sunny Normandy!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:13:42 pm »
I like that idea too.
But i don't think people could put up with my neighbours lol
It leaded the possiblities to have an exchange week eg when the weather is possible (to camp etc) to do it or the people and enought rooms where you could stay at each people house for a week and learn what the others do.

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS