Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free to good Home  (Read 3411 times)

Maddox

• Joined Jan 2009
Free to good Home
« on: November 08, 2009, 02:45:38 pm »
Hi All

I have two chickens (Hens) free to anyone who can offer them a good free range home, I would prefer them to stay together (they are very happy togther) but may split for right homes. Both are around 25/26 weeks old so soon to come into POL, both are in good health & never been poorly.

I am only rehoming as my other chickens will not except them into the flock (despite months of trying) and I hate to see them stuck in a cage/run all the time.

They are use to cats, dogs & small kids, please note they do not come with any equipment.

I am located very near Chelmsford Essex.

Any questions please ask.

Maddox

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Free to good Home
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:05:47 pm »
I have had similar problems with introducing "new girls" into the flock and have always found that ,as long as they have enough space, it's best to leave them to sort themselves out.
I am about to let a couple of Guinea Fowl out with the hens and I know that although they have been in a pen in full view since they were tiny, they will be bullied by the others. They are big enough (and God knows ugly enough) to put up with it for a while.
So, don't give up! I know it's hard to see the babies knocked about but they will be accepted eventually.

Maddox

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:25:30 pm »
Hi

I have been trying for many months but i draw the line when the others take out chunks & draw blood, enough is enough I wont put them through it any more, which is why they are up for rehoming now.

Maddox

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 10:22:43 am »
Fair enough!

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:36 pm »
Hi Maddox, I did offer to re-home one for you a while ago, but never heard from you?   If you get stuck the offer to help still stands?

Wildman

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
Hi I am near Stansted Airport, I can take them if you want. You can come see our place and see what we have.
Albert 07866 565237

Wildman

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:49:55 pm »
Hi Also on 01279 874830

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS