Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please Help!!!  (Read 3888 times)

carlysky1

• Joined Apr 2008
Please Help!!!
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:25:09 pm »
Hey all!

This post would probably apply to those living in France, unless that is you are familiar with transporting livestock on to the continent.

I am seeking Geese,  :chook: <- no, Geese, well, two of those actually and one Gander and want to raise the birds in France. I would ideally collect from anywhere around the Manche area, or at any point surrounding a trip from Le Havre, which I am next making 2nd May of this year.  We live in Lower Normandy ourselves.

One catch,  I am looking for Emdens', those cute, white, Hans Christian Andersoneque characters with yellow beaks  :).

Can anyone help please? I am trying to organise the birds as a present for my gifted, hard-working and drop-dead gorgeously handsome better-half for his birthday (I have to write that, he may stumble across this post  ;D - MReee you're the bestest ever)

Any pointing profusley in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for reading this post.  Carly  :bfly: 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:22:36 am by carlysky1 »

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »
Carly try this website    http://www.fermedebeaumont.com/palmipede-oie-c-74_75.html

They are based in Calais I think and deliver by post if you can believe that!  I have bought a few fancy ducks from them and they have been delivered by post van with no problems.

I cannot find any of the geese you are looking for on Angloinfo and the like but if no luck anywhere else you could look at the selection on the link.

Good luck and Hello John - I am sure you are peeping in!

Kate  :pig: :)
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

rustyme

Re: Please Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:03:39 pm »
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&catref=C6&from=R41&satitle=goose+eggs&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=SA444UP&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32&fsoo=2

sorry about the length of the link there ...but there are a few sellers selling hatching eggs for embdens on there . You could buy over here, hatch and transport (maybe)to over there ..or take the eggs over , if that is legal ? Just a thought if you can't get them otherwise.....Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS