Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED Shetland Pony  (Read 4505 times)

Moobli

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Scotland
WANTED Shetland Pony
« on: July 07, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »
Looking for a friendly, good natured Shetland (gelding or mare) to join my other Shetland gelding as a companion and also occasional lead rein.  Must not have ailments (lami/sweet itch etc) and be good with children, dogs, sheep etc.
Scottish Borders/East Lothian area.
Please send me a PM if you know of anything suitable within this area.
Thanks.

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: WANTED Shetland Pony
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »
If you havnt had any luck have you thought of the shetland sales later this year in thainstone?

Moobli

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:28 pm »
Will definitely consider getting to the sale if I have had no luck before then.  Thanks!

Drumnagair

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »

i have a very well bred and easy 4 year old mare for sale. She is black and 39.5 inches. No ailments. Absolutely loves and craves attention. Has been shown and seen lots of things at busy agricultural show environments and didn’t bat an eyelid. Loads and travels well. Has been introduced to traffic and is mannerly to lead out, has had some ground work established and the beginnings of long reining. She has been bitted and happily worn tack and has been leant over and sat on but not formally backed. She is well used to dogs, sheep, cows, chickens..  Im 30 mins north of Dundee

Moobli

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »
Thanks.  I have replied to your PM.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 06:23:21 pm »
I have a 6 year old 40in black gelding. Champion in hand, champion young handlers 10 years and under. Winner under saddle lead rein and show jumping. Broken to drive but still a bit green, needs hours on the clock. Home bred, dam still with us. Good with little ones.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 06:28:58 pm »
there were trying to sell shetlands at thainstone last spring from orkney, but they went unsold at 5guineas.worth a punt at that price even if you have to pay someone to train it.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:29:45 pm »
Quite a few entered for the sale at York on Friday, sound decent sorts.

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »
Hello Sabrina. Is your gelding still for sale? A very good horse client contacted me today looking for one for her granddaughter.  Must be very good for littlies to handle groom etc. 1st class home, with working & show hunters!
Thanks

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
Have a grey and white mini Shetland mare here not looking for much just a good home just outside Edinburgh

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS