Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wind Turbine Proximity to a Dwelling  (Read 4791 times)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Wind Turbine Proximity to a Dwelling
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:02:39 am »
Anyone know about pending EU legislation on how close a large wind turbine can be to a dwelling?  Think it's 2km but can't find any references.

Trickydickie

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Wind Turbine Proximity to a Dwelling
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:10:47 am »
It depends on what you regard as large and your opinion may vary according to whether you're going to benefit from it  ;)  Local development plans and Planners' attitudes will also have a HUGE bearing on the subject.

I have a 6kW turbine 500m from my house (my own) and 6 x 110m turbines about 1km away and they are all a mixed blessing!

I can bore for Britain on the subject having taken 3 years to get planning permission for 1 wee turbine and a campaign of harassment from my neighbours ....

Deadduck

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »
We have a 15kw wind turbine 100m from us without problem, and not far from us there's a row of houses 130m from a 20kw turbine and none of them care.

Nothing brings out ridiculous rumour and self obsessive peevishness like wind turbines.

If your actually bothered by it find out where some others are built and go have a look if it'll be an actual problem instead of creating agro for yourself and you neighbours.

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:04 pm »
What is the model?

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:36:47 pm »
Take a look at stoptheturbines for lots of info.  I know a lot more about wind turbines than I ever wanted to, mostly that they're a hugly expensive method of producing very little electricity.  The "capacity" figures the energy companies trumpet, for example, are based on the wind blowing at the optimum speed for that model 24/7/52.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 01:24:02 am »
Take the against turbine stuff with a big pinch of salt , from what I've gleaned so much of the stuff being put out is provably false and most of the truthfull stuff being bandied around as at the cutting edge today/ right now is years out of date .

I understand that In Germany during July this year Germany pronounced that on the 27 th of June or around that time , that they had produced just over 75 % of their electrical needs on that day from all their renewables combined.

Seeing as they have shed loads of wind turbines as well as solar farms  perhaps it's not quite so much a waste of time and money as some will have us believe.

At the end of the day with all the people harping on about global warming , nuclear liabilities  varying sea conditions  and inconsistent weather patterns /conditions and wanting greener energy sources to reduce Co2 emissions where else / how else can we generate the electricity that our society depends on. 

Surely some electricity has got to be better than no electricity ?
Following on from the above I  offer that the more varied sources we can produce it from   how ever intermittent but actually being available for some of the time the better / more secure our supply & therefore our lifestyles will be.

We don't want to be like Afghanistan with two hours of electricity on a day..... if your lucky , do we?
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

regen

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 09:49:24 am »
Wind turbines dont produce as much as some people would have us believe ! BUT look at gridwatch and you will see that on a daily basis it can be as much as 20% of the countries usage. However if the wind is not blowing it could be as little 1%.. It actually makes an interesting read as it details generation from all scources.

Regen

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »
On shore wind is the cheapest form of electricity in Europe.

I don't know why people get bent out if shape about FiT, that 16billion we are paying eon to build a nuclear plant is coming out of our Tax.

Anyway Marches did you ever get the model type for that turbine so I could calculate the distance fir you?

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 10:11:56 pm »
Anyone know of any payments that have to be paid by the owners of turbines I very close proximity to dwellings ! We have one being built 300m from us but the owner has told us she will have to pay us line of sight disturbance! Is this true ir was this just her way of trying to stop us putting in an objection ( which we never would have) 

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 08:02:34 am »
Sorry for jumping on this post but I see Verdifish has comment Verdifish my wife waited in for you all Tuesday afternoon I sent you message on her , text messages,phoned and emailed and you didnt reply to any ??? We actauly wondered if you were ok at least now we know your ok just a bit rude.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS