Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Photos- this year's tame lamb flock  (Read 3233 times)

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Photos- this year's tame lamb flock
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:43 pm »
Just thought I'd share a couple of photos of my lambs from this year, really pleased with how they are looking and now filling out well. They are on a meat withdrawal until end of the month and then we will aim to send the first few off early August :)  :fc:

The 2nd pic is of Rupert... my friend named him and it's kind of stuck, he's the tamest out of the group, whilst the others when they went out to grass and became slightly wary of us, he stayed as tame as ever... destined for the freezer though.

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Re: Photos- this year's tame lamb flock
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:06:18 pm »
They are looking fantastic - a flock of bottle lambs to be very proud of.  Just don't go posting any photos of super looking Suffolk ewe lambs like the one from last years lot - I was so very tempted by her....

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
Impressive looking crop of lambs!
"If one way is better than another, it is the way of nature." (Aristotle)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:17:36 pm »
Looking well  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:09 pm »
Hey Sally, have you done your tame lamb costings yet? You said to remind you!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »
Eek.  No, been busy, still busy!  Talk to me after.. umm... it looks quieter in October...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:14:12 pm »
Thanks all! You know what it's like when you see them every day they don't seem to grow but I think they are really filling out now comparing pictures taken as we've gone along.

Emily no smart suffolks this year although there is a cracking Texel ewe lamb and a nice mule ewe lamb. The Suffolk last year was a lovely sort... she was almost too good to kill but like this year I only had 1 or 2 that were worth keeping so in reality she had to go  :( Keep contemplating going to visit our friends who keep show Texel and Suffolks but know if I go over there I'll come away having spent a lot of money !!

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »
Great looking bunch of lambs, a real credit to the hard work and effort that's involved with tame lambs  :thumbsup:
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »
Thankyou  :) :) They are hard work but luckily my work as a photographer is quiet during Jan- March so I've got the time to spend, and we are lucky that the farmer we get them from gives them a great start. Hard bit is now done although got to distance myself now ready for the inevitable!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS