Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grrrrr - mortgage application turned down :-(  (Read 8903 times)

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
Re: Grrrrr - mortgage application turned down :-(
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »
Suzieque we definitely know where your coming from,
We ran out of money over the winter, got ourselves just about floating again and thought we'd have to give in and take a mortgage out, so we own our place, a barn with planning to convert, we own a posh caravan site with oak lodges on, we only own 2 of them (approx. 140k each), so we have an income from the site (quite good), we have rental properties back in the Midlands income is quite good and a couple of months ago I took a part time job on that pays me approx. £24k a year so we applied for a mortgage answer = NO
We only wanted about £50k
 :thinking:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 03:57:32 pm »
Yes - I am in the same boat really - I have had an account and mortgages with this bank since 1994 and have - by an large never been any trouble.

I have one credit card that doesn't get used much and nothing else owing expect the mortgage. I have the highest score you can get on Experian and I am just in he process of registering with Equifax as these are the two agencies used by my bank for mortgage business according to MSE.com.

It makes me so mad. :rant: :furious: I think I'm a good risk but of course - that's not what they are looking for. What they really want is somebody who's going to default on payments so that they can get their grubby mitts my house :rant: :furious:

Chap is going to ring me this week hopefully
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »
'They were told to pay for the damp proof course, and new windows (they already rent the house). '   why would anyone pay for improvements to a house they are renting?? ... landlord will do well out of this if they don't get the mortgage!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
That is so wrong.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 11:57:34 am »

A young couple I know are buying a house.  Nothing posh, cheap by todays standards.  They were told to pay for the damp proof course, and new windows (they already rent the house).  They managed this out of their saved deposit.  Now have been told they have not enough money to put down on the deposit .....As you can imagine, they are not happy.  Now got another meeting to try and sort it out.

who told them to do that? should have been taken off the asking price and not paid for by the tenant anyway.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS