Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: French for 'pig trough'  (Read 7034 times)

mad dogs and us two

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Nr St Hilaire
    • La Croix Bourge
French for 'pig trough'
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:32:24 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone out there know the french for pig trough, please!

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve
Ain't life grand!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: French for 'pig trough'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:44:05 pm »
If you go to the likes of Pont Vert, they will sell various sized AUGE which are galvanised oblong troughs/feeders like big oblong bowls really. They are quite expensive. A large one will be 60 - 80 euros.

Buckets will do the job fine for just a couple of pigs and you can also keep control if one of your pigs is a little more greedy than the other. 

A bucket will do for water as well - get a big tyre and sit it in the middle so it doesn't spil.  The buckets in Pont Vert are just 2.50e each for the black ones.

The girls are bruisers by the way! Bigger than their brothers, far more greedy and very naughty - full of character!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

mad dogs and us two

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Nr St Hilaire
    • La Croix Bourge
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:29 pm »
Thanks Kate,

we will stop looking for troughs and get some buckets,

sounds like I will need to build a brick wall outside the stock fencing,

then hide the ladder and the spades!

Steve
Ain't life grand!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »
I've just had some junk mail through from Bricomarche and noticed on the back page Auge a Gacher 13litre for 1E95 and a Auge Plastique Noire 25litre for 3E45,their buckets are 99c. I think the auges are designed for painters or plasterers,oblong,low sides,but they look pretty robust,might get a few if I'm ever near a Bricomarche,will see what Gedimet have to offer tomorrow.
 I had set myself the task of making a concrete one using a bit of shuttering and an old oil drum to make the mould,will wait til I'm next concreting and have a go. Any suggestions/tips whether i should treat the concrete once it's set before the pigs dine from it?
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:56 am »
It's possible to get, and we use them, from Brico Depot (a branch near you no doubt) an 'Auge Caoutchouc'. This is basically a large rubber square mixing trough that is used by plasterers and stonemasons for the mixing of materials prior to slapping it on the walls.

They are pretty well indestructable as being made of rubber, we tried the plastic ones but after I think three seconds they were relegated to that gret big plastic heaven known as the decheterie!! The best thing is that they flex when your animal decides to put his/her size nines into it or on the sides and come in 10 & 40 litre capacities and are listed at €7-90 and €14-50 respectively.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers
Andy

p.s. Just seen a whole load of buckets on the same page in nearly every material known to man, well rubber and plastic. Ooh just thought could start a fetish off on the AS, now there's a thing  :o :o :o

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:50:29 am »
Thanks Andy, will have a look for some of those myself. 

I love this site, always learning!

Kate  :pig:  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:35:10 pm »
Deppression de cochon ;D pig trough in french!! :pig:
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

mad dogs and us two

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Nr St Hilaire
    • La Croix Bourge
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:02:55 am »
Deppression de cochon ;D pig trough in french!! :pig:

Sounds more like an affliction than a food container!!
That's the answer we got when we put 'pig trough' into a translator, hence our posting!

Steve
Ain't life grand!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS