Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crovect shortage  (Read 6778 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: Crovect shortage
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »
We went to pick up wormer n stuff up today and spoke to the ccf co op area animal health lady, and she said that the powers that be weren't fully aware of the shortage, prior to be being alerted lately, she also said that some batches didn't pass, so a difficult time all round. She suggested at this time of year to use clikzen.  Half the coverage of Clik, and she said due it being quite late that it was nt worth using Clik, but it's cheaper sister clikzen, also half the price, and an 8 day withdrawal, but still with the same active growth inhibitor x

babysham

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Lancashire/Yorkshire Border
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:03 am »
Gosh - am I being shouted at here or someone else?

babysham

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Lancashire/Yorkshire Border
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 09:14:05 am »
I REPEAT as I said in your original post spot -on does not protect against stike it treats it YES                                withdrawal   is 5wks

Gosh - Am I being shouted at here or someone else?

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:39 am »
Awful year for flies, we had two very minor cases despite clik. This weekend one poor ram lamb was struck on his scrotum  :o I thought my hubby was going to pass out trying to deal with it. We've used crovect on him to kill the maggots and then treated the rest for prevention but I'm still being ultra vigilant doing three checks a day.  I think we can still get crovect here but I might trot off to the shops just to check, but worried now  ???

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:52 pm »
We can't get crovect or clik down here in Cambs. I'm chasing round friendly farmers to see if anyone will lend me a little bit for my four!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:58 pm »
I REPEAT as I said in your original post spot -on does not protect against stike it treats it YES                                withdrawal   is 5wks

Gosh - Am I being shouted at here or someone else?

No idea. I wouldn't sweat it though  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS