Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommendations for Neoprene Wellies?  (Read 9658 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Recommendations for Neoprene Wellies?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »
5-6's - sorry  :D

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 07:22:02 pm »
Another vote for Dunlop purl fort here.... 2 years of daily wear on stony and muddy slope, no splits, warm, light and most importantly they still grip. Son has pinched them now so had to replace and trying out Goodyear as they were cheaper and they didn't have my size dunlops..... and worth a try. I liked muck boots for about 6 months but wore the grip off by then leathal. All others split.

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 09:25:39 am »
I got some Percussion wellies, from a fishing equipment seller on eBay. They look just like chunky wellies - good tread - but are neoprene lined. I've had them only one winter but they are definitely cutting the mustard for me so far.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:14 pm »
I have two pairs - a pair of agile parcours that I have hammered every day pretty much, out working and hunting and they are as good as they day I bought them.

And a pair of cheap ones for anything to do with barbed wire  :D

CPWSolf

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Somerset
  • Wannabe Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 08:30:11 pm »
My Hunter wellies are worth every penny
Chris

"You have seen but not observed whereas I both see and observe."

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadYy6qr4IjVVsVT7zrCZag

Cluckinggoodpoultry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »
Used to swear by muck boots and hunter wellies, also have barbour wellies, however found that the neoprene wellies weren't giving as much grip as i needed, the hunter ones wear the soles out too quick but went onto Dunlop purofort wouldn't change them for the world, comfortable, great grip, and I wear mine in the dairy so they are worn twice daily in the dairy as well as up and down sileage pits in the muck up to the oxers, in with the pigs and out with the cows, can't fault them, fabulous boots.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 01:44:21 am »
6 months? Jesus I'm lucky if my boots aint mangled after 2 ;)

Mind you the last riggers I ought were from shoesstore  or something - lucky they lasted until I got them out the bag - the bag was more waterproof.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:45:52 am by bazzais »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS