Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Misbehaving goats  (Read 4786 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Misbehaving goats
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:44:57 pm »
We have a tiny piece of land out the back that Scottish Water have a "pump station" on and they require access to this 24/7. Today 3 workies appeared and had not been here before as they came in and said they were here but were "warey of all the animals". I explained they were harmless and just te  ignore them but keep all gates etc closed and locked. I went out after a while to check they were all ok. Well, 1 of the guys had Gizmo(7 month old BT goat) trying to sit on his knee, another one had Darcy(miniature shetland pony) pushing her head into here they were working and to see if there was any food for her and the third guy was looking rather nervous - hoping that I would come along and rescue him he later said. After a minute or 2 all 13 goats were down to see what was going on.

It was hillarious as these guys were a bit nervous and these animals just took everything in their stride.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Misbehaving goats
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:57:08 pm »
At least it will be a day to remember for them!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:26:47 pm »
 ;D Animals always seem to know where they're not really wanted.... and then just crash in there anyway!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:47:50 pm »
You can guarantee goats will be in the midst of any action!!

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:22:14 am »
lol, i love it when that kind of situation happens! You just cant help but giggle to yourself  ;)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:36 pm »
Think all our street knows when I'm mucking out the goat shed - they're forever getting in the way, knocking stuff over, running away scared then coming back for another look.  sometimes I can't help cursing them (affectionately of course) and bellowing the odd choice words when they really interfere!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 09:47:14 pm »
Is this the neighbours you are referring to, Ruth?  Or the goats?

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 09:59:42 pm »
Well, I meant the goats.
But now you point it out...   No, shouldnt say that, the neighbours dont complain really, which is fortunate!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:19:45 pm »
Sorry Ruth, just my warped sense of humour......just had a giggling fit, imagining your neighbours knocking everthing over, and running away, and then you cursing them.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:19 pm »
actually, it has been known! though its usually the kids not their parents next door..
(And I only curse them in the privacy of my own home)
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS