Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anti biotics.  (Read 1679 times)

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
Anti biotics.
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:33:11 pm »
Hello All,

I've got an Abacot Ranger drake, in with my ducks, and usually he is the life and soul of the party, a real busy boy.

Anyway, let them out this morning and they were fine, same at lunch, but later this afternoon I checked them and he was looking a bit 'down', and had a bit of white gunk in the tear duct of each eye, didn't appear to be eating or drinking and just wasn't himself.

I changed their water again (both drinking and swimming) and left them to it, and when I put them away he looked a little happier, with no white gunk, but still not quite right, bit slow, and not standing as proud as normal. And I think I heard him give a couple of little sneezes / coughs.

So i'm guessing he's picked up some kind of respiratory type infection?

I was thinking of dosing all of the ducks (six) with some kind go broad spectrum anti biotic to be on the safe side.

Any ideas what I could use, that would be effective against a general range of things, and preferably that I could get from a farm supply store. I can go to my vet if needs be, but i'm not going to take the drake in.

Cheers,

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Re: Anti biotics.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:33:45 am »
You need something like Denaguard. Nothing from feed store suitable I'm afraid. Give vet a call, they may put something up for you.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS