Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for a shearer that will travel to North Bucks  (Read 2201 times)

Lorrie66

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Near Buckingham in Bucks
Looking for a shearer that will travel to North Bucks
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »
Hi there,
I am looking for a shearer of a small flock of 4 that covers North Buckinghamshire area or willing to come this way.

I've had one lined up since Feb ( or so I thought) but now not responding to my calls/messages  to set an exact date in May.

My sheep are 2 Ryelands & 2 GFD's
Anyone help or have a contact ?

Please pm any details

Many thanks

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Looking for a shearer that will travel to North Bucks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »
Can't help I'm afraid but wonder are your sheep very tame being only four? Could you not do a hand shear yourself just for welfare reasons at this time of year (flystrike)? I'm just about to have Michael Churchouse come shear mine as my usual shearer isn't available. He's travelling a fair way but I have 70+. Will report back  ;)

bocky

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Sheep Shearer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:55:45 am »
It would be a long way for me to travel for only 4 sheep. If you have any friends or neighbours that have sheep, they could be done on the same day and cost would be split.
Andrew

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:18:46 pm »
It is possible to hand shear the GFD with them standing up, working from the top and letting it fall away in chunks!  Completely unorthodox and a bit tatty but at least it keeps them safe - and you won't be wanting to use the fleece for hand spinning  ;)

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:40 am »
I've used singing shearer and mike Churchhouse in the past for my small flock of GFD and Shetlands. Both were great.

toaster

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:08:06 pm »
Its worth contacting the Singing Shearer on here. I am on his list for this year and I am in Towcester

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS