Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My Pygmy Goats  (Read 5695 times)

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
My Pygmy Goats
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:03:22 am »
Now there's a special place for Goats - have to show off again
Heres my little herd...

We are busy looking for ideas to build into their new pen, it has a bridge across a little stream,
some small boulder/rocks for climbing, brambles, rushes and blackthorn hedge, its on a hill, and thats about it.

We want to build them a little "shelter" two sides a back and a front, about 8ft long by six foot wide, that looks country style, from strong round fence posts, logs, and maybe some sort of small natural roof - just tall enough for the goats and Tara to get under (about 4ft 2ins).  Any suggestions, photos or ideas gratefully received.
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: My Pygmy Goats
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 01:36:47 pm »
What gorgeous goats they are!!  I am amazed at just how high my pygmys can jump - they are like coiled springs!!  They love jumping and climbing on things, so its a good idea to give them an activity centre ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 03:03:21 pm »
Julie,
You HAVE to have an ogre under your bridge  ;D
The three billy goats gruff, trip trapping over the bridge and all that  ;)
Seriously though, they are very cute !
As for your shelter - how about a cedar shingle roof ? Would look very rustic - I only mention it cos I managed to get about 2 square meters from freecycle (I'm hoping to use it for a roof for my chicken coop and hopefully there'll be enough left to make a roof for my log store, I doubt it though !)
A big old tree trunk on it's side would make a great climbing frame for them to play on  ;D

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:59:13 pm »
WOW Karen - what a great idea ;D

Anyone out there got a plastic model of Shrek that they do not need

;D ;D ;D

Linz - put out a wanted ad on your freecycle for me - ppllleeeasssee  ;D ;D ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »
Our little one (and the pigs) has our old car tyre which she loves jumping on.  I imagine you could hang tires up, depending on what you've got to hang from. (if that makes any sense at all!) Circus goats, jumping through hoops!

They're lovely - do they have names?
Little Blue

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:44 am »
The cheeky older one at the front is called Marmalade

Tara keeps changing the names of the other two, so will have to ask her
what they are called "this week" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:35:22 am »
I love pygmy goats.  They are the goat that never grows up.  Always at the cute stage.  Tell me, can you milk them?  If so, what is their yield.  I am guessing very small, but enough for 2 people?  You know me, always asking about goats. Ros :cat: :chook: (:goat:in my dreams)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:43:20 am »
This is a question that was asked last week I think it was. I have 7 Pygmy's and they are adoreable, 3 of which are female. Only 1 has kidded and there is never any milk available from any of them. They are kept here as pets and do bring a huge amount of pleasure and fun.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS