Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Small holdings in Scotland  (Read 7140 times)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Small holdings in Scotland
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 06:36:50 pm »
Rent a croft and use a caravan as base If you sell and get up here you can work for youre keep .Then you will be on site .Best bet west coast.

I think that's right - the closer you are to Aberdeen, for example, the closer you are to lots of oil people who want an "equestrian" property and are prepared to pay ridiculous money... Sigh. :'(

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:05 pm »
i was told its hard to find a croft to rent as its complicated by tenancy etc. we were looking for a croft to rent aswell. the CC and all the estate agents said it is very rare to find one available.

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 08:21:07 pm »
Another thought that I don't think has been suggested is the Scottish Crofting Federation www.crofting.org
It doesn't cost a huge amount to join, you get a newsletter and access to lots of advice courses etc. but also you can express an interest in buying/renting in a specific area and they will get in touch with any relevant details.
Good luck anyway.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS