Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Off to Carmarthenshire  (Read 8817 times)

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
  • South West Carmarthenshire
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
Re: Off to Carmarthenshire
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 11:04:06 am »
Blimey!  Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but after many disasters in our eight year search, yesterday we at last exchanged on a smallholding.  Having lost four en route, we still can’t quite believe it!

26 acres with 3.5 acres of woods, streams, a river boundary and loads of outbuildings in West Wales near Kidwelly.  We are moving in three weeks and are equally excited and terrified!

After being daily lurker for four years, I am sure I will be bombarding you all with questions!

Below are husband and dog (Stephen and Pip) in the big hay field.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:14:15 pm by PipSqueak »

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 12:27:48 pm »
Lovely!
Pray for us that the Almighty gives us a beautiful farm around Leicestershire!
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 01:10:16 pm »
Good luck to you both. We waited for years as well, but it was worth it. :) :farmer:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 04:45:53 pm »
:wave:  hello - from somewhere in the carmarthen / newcastle emlyn / llandysul triangle
You live on the mini roundabout next to CCF then!

Zyg

• Joined Nov 2018
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 08:50:47 pm »
Congratulations.

We completed on our smallholding just under two months ago. We are about half way between you and Carmarthen.

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 10:07:56 pm »
Congratulations.

We completed on our smallholding just under two months ago. We are about half way between you and Carmarthen.

Thank you!  And congratulations to you too!  We will be just outside Meinciau, whereabouts are you?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 12:08:19 am »
Exciting times for all who have just moved, are just about to move or still looking.  :excited: :excited:  I have to admit to some envy here.

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 03:36:23 pm »

Croeso i Gymru

Congratulations on your adventure. We have now been here over 8 years. If it is the property i think it seems to have some useful buidings.

If you have moved by the 27th March i will be giving a talk at Kidwelly Camera Club then (probably useless information).

Personally I love Carmarthenshire buy not the local politics (Carmarthenshire Council has 23 people earning of £100,000 a year) but probably best to ignore that and embrace the beauty of the county and your new life.

Wishing you a smooth move!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 06:00:32 pm »
Fantastic news!!  Many congratulations and wishing you all the very best in your new place.

Stories and pictures will be most welcome :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 12:44:29 am »
Congratulations! I know what you mean about not quite believing it - even after I'd moved in it didn't seem quite real that I actually had my own smallholding - I think it took about a year to sink in.

:wave:  hello - from somewhere in the carmarthen / newcastle emlyn / llandysul triangle
You live on the mini roundabout next to CCF then!
Urrr... no; Cwmduad

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 07:39:07 am »
More Bermuda than Llandysul triangle there then

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 08:23:31 am »
Well done Pip ….. got there (or here!) in the end :)    bit further away from us than originally but welcome anyway
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 09:02:11 am »

Croeso i Gymru

Congratulations on your adventure. We have now been here over 8 years. If it is the property i think it seems to have some useful buidings.

If you have moved by the 27th March i will be giving a talk at Kidwelly Camera Club then (probably useless information).

Personally I love Carmarthenshire buy not the local politics (Carmarthenshire Council has 23 people earning of £100,000 a year) but probably best to ignore that and embrace the beauty of the county and your new life.

Wishing you a smooth move!

Diolch!  It might well be as we will have loads of outbuildings - Berllan Dywyll Farm at Meinciau.

We are moving on the Equinox, so will be in by the 27th.  Are you a photographer too then?  I will see if I can come along if I’m not too shattered by the sorting!

23 earning over £100,000?  :o

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 09:03:25 am »
Fantastic news!!  Many congratulations and wishing you all the very best in your new place.

Stories and pictures will be most welcome :)

Thank you!  Just wait for 21st when we move and you won’t be able to shut me up!  :roflanim:

PipSqueak

• Joined Apr 2014
    • Black Orchard
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 09:05:58 am »
Congratulations! I know what you mean about not quite believing it - even after I'd moved in it didn't seem quite real that I actually had my own smallholding - I think it took about a year to sink in.

Thank you.  We won’t believe it is really happening until the lorry turns up, so goodness knows when we will stop pinching ourselves.

We stayed in the pub at Cwmduad when looking at another place.  Lovely spot, and so quiet with the A road closed!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS