Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sausage making  (Read 7547 times)

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: sausage making
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 11:57:08 am »
Meadowhell is not a place I go much, if at all, only under severe sufferance. ie desperate last minute kiddies clothes buying. Do remember the staff dancing on tables at an american style diner.
Large older houses had cellars with stone slabs in which stayed cool all year, alas our barn conversion has no such luxury. Have thought about buying the back of an old refridgerated vehicle and using it as a cold store as and when needed. I remember finding ice house when young, where people stored ice from ponds etc to create a cold room.

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: sausage making
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:40:56 pm »
That right, it was an American Diner, and it was all kitted out like in the FONZ

I loved it there.  With the booths and the juke box, and the staff used to come out and dance like showgirls on a cruize, then the next minute, in their aprons serving burgers and fries again - he he he

We have a lot of those old ice houses here in Ireland, usually just off a lake or river, where they could divert the water in to cool the produce.  The old ways...  (Hovis music an all) ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS