Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Donkey Holidays  (Read 2595 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Donkey Holidays
« on: October 03, 2009, 02:39:08 pm »
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

sandy

Re: Donkey Holidays
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:32:30 pm »
I was just having a laugh with my daughter about having a Donkey, I could have a short fat one and dangle my legs on the floor and ride it to Morrisons to collect my dinner!!! :horse:

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:11:46 pm »
I don't use my boar for a few days in the year...............anyone want to feed and house him??

I only use my tups for a short while too, Want them?

Its all too easy for folk to publise these things and good hearted folk oblige.

Whilst its a good way for some folk to experience animals, its also an cheap and easy option for the owners.

sandy

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:32:32 pm »
i suppose I have done that with children as I used to do respite care!! Not too sure if it's a good or bad idea to farm the Donkey's out? i suppose they realy need a rest and be left to recover although some people may give them a good holiday!!

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:22 pm »
I'm glad they get a winter break but surely the onus is on the one who is making money from them in the summer to take care of them in the winter.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:43:47 pm »
There is a riding centre on a caravan park near here and they do the same thing you "loan" a horse/pony from October till Easter, feed and shoe it etc all winter, must save the place a fortune.
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS