Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: One Lamb box left  (Read 6911 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: One Lamb box left
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 06:33:08 pm »
Weyhey - got 'em back, so trouble.     Never been to Crosshand Abattoir before and very impressed with their service and the guy in the Lairage was incredibly helpful.   I asked the vet about the skins and he said "yeah - don't see a problem".   Then the lairage chap said, "yep, we'll do yours in about half an hour, so you can hang around by the shoot and collect them."    He then showed me where to stand and even told the the blokes "upstairs" not to spray mark them, so that I could identify them. (NOT the red striped ones!)

They are now all laid out in the old barn and SMOTHERED in about 15kgs of salt.....so far!!    

;D ;D
M
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 10:57:02 am »
Try this instead  www.organicsheepskins.com          Look under the tanning section as same info there.

Ahha - this is the site of the lady who was at "Woolfest" earlier in the year....and I picked up a couple of leaflets from her - One of which is "An IDIOTS Guide to Salting A Skin".    Hmmmm......she must have known  ;D ;D    Anyway - its this 'Idiots' guide I'm followin'  :D

So, this morning - all skins still looking good - got more salting to do around the legs, but otherwise they seem OK.  I was a bit worried some 'animal' might steal them during the night..... ???   ...but they're still there  ;)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 05:50:58 pm »
Good on you, you are prepared to have a go.  Think thats great    :pig: :pig:

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 06:34:07 pm »
Oh and should add......Lamb Box now SOLD  ;D ;D
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS