Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stuff and nonsense.  (Read 8445 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Stuff and nonsense.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 09:00:19 pm »
:wave:
Great timing, the weekend when I can't go visit the land and the sale is complete. Oh well.

Congratulations  :thumbsup:
Anne

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 10:40:18 am »
Well done, now just think of the possibilities - must make a list ....  :excited:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
Congratulations, SirDoolb.  :excited:

Ah, no, you see, I am too busy to write lists.   :roflanim:
Or perhaps I am for to chaotic. Probably closer to the truth. If you gave me a list I would pick something, half do it ah look a bumble bee
OR - oh look a new post on TAS  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Sounds reasonable to me.  :innocent:

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »
One needs to be able to 'like' posts. :)

Met a man walking his dog over 'MY' fields yesterday.   >:( Told me that one of the local farmers objects to him just walking where he pleases.   :farmer: Really, I can't imagine why. Still, not a lot I can say or do that will stop him from taking his liberties. Just pees me off. I knew that there would be one or two people who see fit and I'm sure a few children will be out playing there sometime.

Anyway, I've already repaired the barn and set too clearing some of the brambles around it. Today is a home day though as I still have a garden to tend.

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »
Stick a notice or two up advising dog owners to keep out as you've spread slug pellets on your fields and in big letters, advise they are very poisonous to dogs!

Doesn't stop the mindless owners allowing their dogs to sh1t in the gateways, and not cleaning up afterwards though.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 07:00:53 pm »
Good idea. I don't really want dogs on the land as they tend to run around and disturb things and I have ducks. :) Not mine they are wild but they live on one of the ponds. I'm also going to have to use weed killer on one of the fields that is docks and nettles and brambles.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »
Remember that if you put up signs you are admitting that you know of danger - it can work to your disadvantage.

I was told not to put up signs saying I had sprayed my verge with weedkiller and to keep dogs off it since if they went on and became ill for any reason it could be blamed on me.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 12:13:07 pm »
Spraying a verge where access isn't restricted, is a bit different from an advisory notice appertaining to non-authorised access to private land!
Don't forget, the law often requires signage to be in place advising of potential hazard or danger.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

SirDoolb

• Joined Sep 2013
  • rock of ages
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 10:21:38 am »
Yes, I was thinking that - all those 'Danger of Death' signs. I may have to get me one.
  :idea: I may also take up archery.    :excited:  :roflanim: oops I mean :knit:

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:26 pm »
One or two of these might help;

A friend of mine erects signs warning of an abundance of adders on his land! :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS