Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wind and rain.....yeah lets start kidding!  (Read 7155 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
wind and rain.....yeah lets start kidding!
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:01:53 am »
Willow is at 154 days and I think  :fc: is in labour!
its her first time so she obviously isn't aware of the only kidding on a lovely evening rule!
checking on her every hour,  she's breathing quite rapidly and seems hollower in the flank and very needy! But no mucus as yet that I can see so fingers crossed, at this hour of the night my eyes will be crossed from trying to stay awake  :tired:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: wind and rain.....yeah lets start kidding!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:44:33 am »
Good luck and hope it goes well

pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:08:58 am »
Hi
Any news?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:12:29 am »
Nothing yet......She's had breakfast,  went outside for a wander now back munching on hay.
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:14:41 am »
I am sure they like to keep you on your toes and that you get as little sleep as possible
Bluebell had no discharge at all and gave no warning, she was eating hay and 5 mins later the first kid was born
Graham

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 11:46:05 am »
Thanks for that sokel,
last night she looked ready to pop but no mucus, no calling or pawing but looked soft round the vulva and she enjoyed a gentle back massage but she won't let me check the ligaments. Can still see movements going on so not too concerned yet but time is marching on......
just aswell I have 3 sons, I don't think I could cope if I had a daughter!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 11:18:08 pm »
Any news yet.... mine have been quite slow in getting going this year and yep no mucous either... (except for the 1st kidder, that gave us a surprise 5 days early...)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »
No nothing yet  :( mind you with weather tonight I don't mind too much  :raining:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:10 pm »
Hope it's at a reasonable time for you.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »
Well she still hasn't kidded!
Her previous owner said she was covered on 16th October so thats means we are now at day 158. She seems fine in herself, nosigns of distress but she has also developed a swollen front leg causing her to be lame!
if there is no developments by tomorrow morning I will call the vet and see what they say.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »
all of our Dairys where late this year. One going 6 days over
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
OMG - have you had ANY sleep? :o

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »
Me and OH are doing in shifts, he stayed up last night then slept today  :tired:
she seems a bit restless tonight  :fc:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »
You need a camera!

Hope herself has now decided that this game is too boring and has produced her offspring?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 10:25:57 pm »
I am now convinced after 2 weeks of sleepless nights that her previous owners had the dates wrong or she didnt on the first attempt so she may kid after week 3, next week. She is showing no immediate signs, ligaments are still firm and othet than finding it hard to get comfy when she lies down, she seems fine  :tired:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS