Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - orphan lamb  (Read 1504 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Wanted - orphan lamb
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:54:30 pm »
Looking for an older 'pet lamb', as I've had a 4-6 week old lamb landed on me and for assorted complicated reasons he will need to stay.

I don't start lambing/kidding for another 2-3 weeks. So he could do with a little friend.

Cumbria/N.Lancs/N.Yorks

I realise this is the age that all the hard work starts to ease.....but if anyone does have anything, I'd be grateful.

{crossposted in Marketplace}

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Wanted - orphan lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:43 am »
Oh!  I've got a newly-orphaned fostered lamb. :'(  She's only a few days old but she's one of our commercials (Texel dad, Texel type mum), so will grow fast ;)  She will of course need bottle-feeding for five or six weeks, which may not be what you want.  Shout if you want her, I'm sure I can arrange transport ;)   
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 06:48:05 am »
Thanks, but she's a bit young unfortunately Both for a friend for the bouncy fella and being realistic, also for the number of bottle feeds she'll still need, given I'm out at work all day.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:18:35 am »
Thought you'd say that!  But didn't want to not offer - if you can work your way through the double negative  :D

Hope one turns up for you
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS