Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: advice needed by complete novice!  (Read 4833 times)

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: advice needed by complete novice!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 11:10:10 am »
Get your neighbour to tag him with 2 tags - otherwise you will end up buying a tagger yourself.  Lucky little chap to have found you :thumbsup:

Whittsend

• Joined May 2013
Re: advice needed by complete novice!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 10:14:34 am »
Day four, and things are going well. Dylan( I've dared to give him a name now) is feeding every four hours and he is taking the bottle well. I have arranged to take him to the vet at 11o'clock today to have a castration ring put on. It feels really mean but if he is castrated I can give him a permanent home. The vet is going to talk to me about working out a vaccination programme as well.
Reading the posts about lambing problems makes my worries seem insignificant and I am  even more grateful for the time people have taken to reply to me when they have so much going on on their own smallholdings.
I really hope that there are more happy outcomes than heartwrenchingly sad ones.  Coping with anxiety and lack of sleep for a good outcome makes it worthwhile but when the outcomes are so poor it must be dreadful. Good luck with what is still to come.xx Alison

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS