Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone make sloe gin?  (Read 6737 times)

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Re: Anyone make sloe gin?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:05 pm »
This is the recipe that I found on google just now that appeals to me - so I'll start it off tomorrow
It looks like just cutting up a few chillies and jamming them in an almost full bottle of vodka is how many people do it.

Put the concoction on sixth day with the help of strainer or sieve and repeat it three times to get or to strain properly before bottling it. Now the real test is to pour it out or gulp it directly. This is sure to spice up your New Year night. You can also have it with soda and limca. The choice is yours depending upon the taste. Well, New Year is all about merry making and enjoying, so, enjoy with new vodka recipe.' from http://www.ayushveda.com/dietfitness/spice-up-with-vodka-recipe-this-festive-season/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:09:57 pm by marigold »
kirsty

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 09:50:29 pm »
He he - that's a good Hogmanay one, that one! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »
Rumtopf is very nice, fruit (mainly straws, plums) in Rum with sugar, steeped until Christmas, yum :&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 11:35:19 pm »
I've had that before- its fantastic! It was made with dark rum when we had it- does that sound about right?

Beth

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:22 pm »
it's best with dark rum, the white stuff is a bit bland  ;D :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS