Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boreray tup  (Read 2801 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Boreray tup
« on: February 16, 2014, 03:12:00 pm »
Would anyone be interested in a Boreray tup ? I already have one but  he  needed rescuing so l took him. Dont want to keep 2.
Free to anyone who could use him, good at his job. I just cant cope with the keeping them penned together until they get the smell of each other on them, so they will run together as before. It stresses me .Has RBST certificate. Born 8/3/10

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
Re: Boreray tup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:28:35 am »
Sorted !  :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:35:34 pm »
Glad he's sorted  :thumbsup: I was tempted but like you I don't want two tups. And I'd have had to get some Boreray ewes for him, which wouldn't have been a hardship in itself as I'd love to have a Scottish rare breed.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »
We used our boreray/soay tup on our boreray ewes this year then considered bumping him off but opted to keep him, he runs with a cheviot wether so he has company then I will use him on the Shetland ewes next year maybe
they are a lovely breed to keep but buggers to catch!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:25:23 pm »
That's why I'm hesitating - I'm used to Ryelands who tend to run towards you rather than away  ;D

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:55:49 pm »
He is sorted because l went to one of the local farmers who keeps her sheep really well. She told me to cover both of them in Jeyes fluid mixed with water, and leave them to it   :o Was chewing my nails for a while but only a scuffed nose each and now big buddies again  :excited: Made up because l love both of them, they are beautiful.
But Bill is more confident than Apollo so l knew he could cope with  a new home, Apollo is too nervous due to being abused :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS