Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I will never moan about fixing a puncture again  (Read 1491 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:59:51 pm by Dan »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
Re: I will never moan about changing a puncture again
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »
That's awesome  :thumbsup: There must be less dog s**t on the cycletracks there, I guess  :thinking:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: I will never moan about fixing a puncture again
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »
It is impressive but doesn't surprise me. My elder son was born with only one hand and one  short arm and there is very little he can't do. When he was little  we went to a couple of hospitals where there were a group of young people who were affected by the thalidomide drug. Seeing one young man in a wheel chair who had no legs at all and only hands which came out of his shoulders, who was propelling his chair by means of crutches, and who was just off for a game of football (ok crutch ball in his case) made me realise that we had nothing to worry about with Richard. Sometimes I wish it did hold him back, especially when he does things like abseiling, bungy jumping, scuba diving (he has all his certificates) and, his latest venture, mountain biking 3000 miles round Asia with his then fiancee (now wife).

With enough determination and family support, people are amazingly adaptable and resilient.

Still wouldn't fancy holding the tyre in my mouth though.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS