Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: kidding has begun  (Read 13976 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: kidding has begun
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:41 pm »
 :roflanim: Its years since I saw the Waltons, Have to admit the last check at night takes a while  ::)
Graham

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
Hiya all. My Sanaen kidded quads second kidding nd rejected all 4! I felt like Apu from the Simpson's!! I had No Life at all until I found a lamb rack!!
Then the next year her daughter kidded 2 girls, nd she beat her up, nicked one of the girls nd reared it like her own......
Well done Sokel nd your girls!  :wave:
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 01:58:54 pm »
I'm just wondering how Cloud is going to take to being milked. I have tried feeling her udder (such as it is) a couple of times and she does not like it.
Mine didn't like being touched before kidding, but once kidded they were OK, probably glad ofthe (more gentle) relief of milk. One did hold milk back for her babies, but I got some out of her.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
Thanks, Pennine. I hope Cloud is the same. My first goat was already being milked when I bought her so no trouble there, once she accepted that I am the boss. Her daughter was fine about being touched and for the last couple of weeks I had her on the milking bench every day and stroked her udder with no problem. I had to take some milk off her in the last few days. Maybe I'm rushing Cloud. She doesn't actually have an udder yet as she's not due until May. She's going to have to get used to it though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS