Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Henry Milker hand milker  (Read 3642 times)

Tracy@Rosegarth

• Joined Feb 2014
Henry Milker hand milker
« on: February 25, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »
Has anyone had any experience with one of these?  We have recently got back into dairy goats after a break of over 10 years and my husband and I are both struggling to milk due to back & neck problems.  We love the goats and don't want to have to part with them but are desperate to find an alternative to completely hand milking, especially as we have another goat about to kid.  We need the milk for pigs, puppies and dairy products so leaving kids on is not an option.

Came across the Henry Milker when searching for a low cost milking machine - it isn't viable for us to purchase an expensive electric machine as we only have 4 goats in total, only 2 of which are in milk.  Has anyone every used one and, if so, are they any good? 

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Henry Milker hand milker
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:45:45 pm »
We tried out a similar vacuum hand pump last year from dansha farms and it was amazing! Upgraded this year to a battery pump as we could have 6 milking this year and its even better!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:28:51 pm »
I have two UdderlyEZ's (One for spare as its so useful)  I tried the Henry type but just couldn't get it to work right and with all those tubes the goat kept kicking them and then you'd have to start the whole process again. At least with the EZ I could whisk it away from danger and I find milking into the separate bottles so useful  :)

Tracy@Rosegarth

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »
Thanks for the info - I will investigate further.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 07:20:53 pm »
Look on You tube there are several videos of various machines to watch

Dansha Farms Battery Powered Vacuum Milking Machine       (I can't believe he's breeding off that goat!!!!!! )

DanshaFarms hand-held Milking Machine Review   (Hand held version...no Electrics)

Homemade Goat Milking Machine   (Make your own)

Henry Milker 2   (Henry milker double version)

Udderly EZ Goat/Nigerian Milker  (Udderly ez hand held milker...wish they'd throttle that bl**** bird!   ;D )

Milking Goats with the Ultimate EZ Milker  (Udderly EZ electric version )

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:01 pm »
They're not as expensive as I expected. I thought I was going to have to give up milking when I first developed rheumatoid arthritis but the medication is helping and it doesn't hurt anywhere nearly as much as it did so I just carry on milking. If and when my hands get worse (and RA is progressive) then I could afford one of these electric ones. I don't think I could operate the hand ones as I can't squeeze very well. Certainly worth bearing in mind so thanks for posting, JJ.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS