Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Amazing ways to process livestock - caution graphic!  (Read 6426 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Re: Amazing ways to process livestock - caution graphic!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »
yeh had a feeling you would say that!!  Abattoir it is then.  Actually will look into learning the skill myself, but realistically i dont know if i could physically do the skinning and gutting etc,.  Have shot sheep of my own in an emergency for welfare reasons, only because i am confident with a gun as i game shoot.  There is however a huge difference between putting an animal out of its misery with a 4.10 and killing, bleeding, gutting etc a load of healthy lambs. 

thank you bloomer, very helpful comments.

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »
For goodness sake just don't and say you did! Let them do it but say you did it under their supervision!

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 09:51:42 am »
thank you bookmarked that link for next time it come up :-)

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 11:17:24 am »
 :thumbsup:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:47 pm »
Trish there's a perfectly logical reason as to why you've had problems with DEFRA - It's simply because it's DEFRA & they are often useless & cause more problems than help like most government agencies x

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:20 pm »
Trish there's a perfectly logical reason as to why you've had problems with DEFRA - It's simply because it's DEFRA & they are often useless & cause more problems than help like most government agencies x

well I can only thank the dopey lady at DEFRA as it has meant I have been home slaughtering for the last 10 years oblivious to the correct legislation!!   :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS