Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: make your own slug trap.  (Read 2312 times)

Janette1970

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North Lincs
make your own slug trap.
« on: September 18, 2009, 12:39:40 pm »
I have just tried out a really good way to trap slugs so that I can feed them to my chicks (and ex-batts after tomorrow!).

Having fed my cats outside the last couple of nights (they try to stay in by stalling and asking for food!!!!) I have noticed that the bowl gets COVERED in slugs.

So last night I put a bit of cat food in an empty coffee jar at dusk. When I let my dog out for his last bit of business a few hour  later, low and behold some thieving slugs had crawled into the jar. I put the lid on and hey-presto FREE FOOD!!! My chicks are quite small so they devoured one between them. I watched to make sure they didn't choke. I also had enough to give my neighbours ex-batts a few as well.

I'm sure my girls will love them when I get them tomorrow. I just hope they all survive  :(

I have just aquired two chicks and am also getting 6 ex-batts tomorrow

sandy

Re: make your own slug trap.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:51:45 pm »
what a good idea, I usualy go around turning up my plants in pots and looking under logs, I then feed them to the hens and the Ducks, they love them, the DUcks sometimes take a bit of time swallowing the ugly big ones and are chased around by the hens until they get to the pond...shall have a go, thanks, no bear of bear traps!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS