Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Face book - yeah - or - nay  (Read 6397 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Face book - yeah - or - nay
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 09:06:26 pm »
a friend once said to me - people will talk to you on facebook but blank you in the street. its true.

Nope, never found that - although most of my FB friends are people that live a distance away. That's why they are FB friends.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
Love facebook, have gotten in contact with old school friends, also keep in touch with family here and abroad. I am not a letter writer so it suits me. Have to confess my page is often full of a lot of rubbish, I also play Candy crush on Facebook.
Anne

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 09:26:50 pm »
I also play Candy crush on Facebook.

and kitchen scramble....

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 09:32:51 pm »
I'm a fan of Facebook and on there every day. Yes, you can get some nasty stuff but I just block it. I only accept friends if I know who they are and not always then. I also like seeing who is online (unless they have set it so they can;t be seen) as you can have a 'chat' by messaging each other. There is even a facility for video calling. Not tried that yet.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »
the local community sites are good - we have "fubar news" and its ace for giving you the heads up on accidents / crimes etc.

JulieWall

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Cornhill, Banff
    • The Roundhouse
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 08:23:40 am »
I found a very old friend via facebook, someone who's travels had made him untraceable any other way. it was really good to be back in touch. It does have it's uses.
Permaculture and smallholding, perfect partners
http://theroundhouseforum.co.uk/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS