Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vehicles for Smallholding  (Read 14289 times)

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: Vehicles for Smallholding
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:07 am »
I've just put a new clutch in my Defender. It's cost less than 100 quid in parts and zero for the labour. I really think that being able to keep your vehicle on the road yourself is the biggest deciding factor.

Sweatyfarmer

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 05:25:11 pm »
That my friend is a fine point and the lack of some conveniences are not important if you are not wondering far !!!

Big Benny Shep

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Skipton
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:56 am »
there are so many products you can fit to a defender to tailor it to your needs, and lots of very good groups with helpful advice and offers of help  ;D
BIG Ben
We have 80(ish) texels and texel x suffolks, 10 lleyns, 21NE Mules, 2 Dexters with calves, Monty the labrador, Dottie, Bracken and Poppy the collies and 30 assorted hens.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 07:41:11 am »
there are so many products you can fit to a defender to tailor it to your needs, and lots of very good groups with helpful advice and offers of help  ;D
That is very true. Every conceivable repair or upgrade has masses of "how to" stuff online. And at the end of the day all you need is a box of spanners and a bit of your own time.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS