Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: geese  (Read 2588 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
geese
« on: September 16, 2009, 07:50:44 pm »
i got some geese about 4 months ago they are now just about 5 months old.... got them at an auction as FARMYARD GEESE... DONT KNOW WHAT THEY are but they are white with a few brown feathers..... 3 have orange beaks and pink legs,,,, one has pink beak and legs...... any ideas what they are.... also how do you sex a goose.... they all look the same to me, roughly the same size and no nobly bits on there beaks... and all tails look the same....never bothered before as always killed them at xmas but hoping for eggs next year

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: geese
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:18:42 am »
Have you tried googleing 'goose breeds' and comparing the pictures?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: geese
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:24:50 am »
Farmyard is probabley meaning cross breed. I have 2 embdens which are large with pure white plumage and orange beaks/legs. they are boys and have slightly thicker necks than the girls and also a slight bump on the beak. I also have one youngster which was supposed to be the same but has grey feathers mixed in and as yet I can not decide if it is also a boy. If a boy he is going to be for the table.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS