Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bringing on labour, remadies  (Read 6045 times)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Bringing on labour, remadies
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:36:31 am »
Oh bless you, I remember that fed up feeling! my first was 10 days late despite the long walks, curries, prunes, sex etc etc! I still had to be induced and baby dragged out!
All I can say is be patient, make the most of the rest and peace and quiet, and chat to everyone on here ;D
Babies come when they are ready, give it a couple of weeks and you'll be asking if it can go back! (I did)!! ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 11:58:48 am »
it ok, it just the braxston hicks am getting that is the prob.
So my hope are getting up then i get dashed

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 12:21:09 pm »
Hey just enjoy your rest.  You will know when baby is thinking about putting in an appearance you will want to wash, iron, vacuum etc etc. It really does happen.  Then the baby comes along and you don't want to wash, iron or vacuum - just sleep.  It's a mad time. 

Guess how I got my baby to appear on time. She was due on the 15th and had her on the 16th. Decided to take a long walk in the forest against the doctors advice to rest, just needed to get out.  Slipped and foot went down a rabbit hole and 'snap', my ankle went.  You try being in labour with one foot out of action - it was black from toe to calf.  Never mind all forgotten now. My little baby is now 21!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so old.

HappyHippy

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 05:49:25 pm »
:) not opted for waterbirth realy but HappyHippy is the queen of homebirths around here, lol
Thanks for the compliment Linz  ;D
I'm not a huge advocet of home births or anything, first one just arrived that way and never really thought about hospital after that. Chances are, if the first one had been born in hospital so would have the second & third !
Not long to go now Mrs  ;), put your feet up and GET SOME REST BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! ! ! I'm thinking about you though and passing on good, quick labour thoughts. My friends girlfriend has just had her first after a 30 hour labour ! 30 hours - good god, I'm wasted with mine - 1st one, 3 and a half hours down to about 1 hour by the time Connor was born - maybe if my labours had been that long I'd have stopped at one  ;) ;D ;D
But just try to keep calm, well and happy - it'll all be worth it, VERY SOON !  :love:
And as for getting him/her here earlier - they'll come when they're good and ready, I had one 11 days early, one 7 days late and one right on the due date. But trying all the different ways to bring on labour does kinda give you something to do !
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:51:33 pm by HappyHippy »

chickenfeed

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 08:27:27 pm »
 :pig::my first born was brought on by me being up a ladder sanding down window frames through being bored,  my second i had 6 weeks to go and my one of my parents sows started pigging her second litter (un known to us she had twisted her cervix the first time round) started turning on her offspring so all hands on deck whilst assisting i went into labour but said nothing a few hours after delivering 13 pigs i had had my son. maybe i was all the excitement or i just came out in sympathy with her. just keep in mind it will all be worth it in the end. :hshoe:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:54:44 am by chickenfeed »

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 11:20:32 pm »
You were right, there are a wise bunch of women here. It sounds like everyone is of the same mind - try and enjoy these few days of anticipation before your next big adventure. A good friend once said to me that preparing for birth is like preparing for a marathon. You must have got to the rest and eat carbohydrates stage to keep your energy up to full capacity.
One thing you might want to do is to read about breastfeeding. I have just ordered Bestfeeding by Chloe Fisher and mary somebody from amazon for my friend who had the water birth. Its amazing how something as natural as breastfeeding can take som much effort.
kirsty

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 07:18:23 am »
This last stage feels as if its going to go on forever. 

Unicorn

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 11:08:47 am »
It is hard work - thats why they call it labour fluffy, so conserve your energy,
practice your breathing, and get ready to be smitten and not be able to take
your eyes of this little, cute, demanding, amazing, human being that you have
created - its a wonderful feeling when the babies asleep and you are watching
it, looking at its fingers and toes and cute nose etc. :&> :love:

You are in for a wonderful experience - good luck with everything and I am
sure that this baby is going to be the star attraction on TAS very soon ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS