Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bringing on labour, remadies  (Read 6044 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Bringing on labour, remadies
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:07:01 pm »
Hiya as am bored and when am bored a look up stuff on the internet lol.

It came to make me think that their are quite a few ladies on the group so I thought i ask what are the old wife tails about bring on labour, If I go other due i might just try them lol

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Re: Bringing on labour, remadies
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:37:59 pm »
Apparently full moon is the busiest times on labour wards  - the next full moon isn't until the 4th October so you would be really bored by then.
I have 4 children and they all insisted on waiting until they were ready. But I did try various things first. In retrospect I think that i may have been better with distraction techniques until they were ready. The last week or so i felt like i had pre natal tension, getting so impatient.
Anyway some of the more fun things people told me would work were
curry - the spices are supposed to stimulate contractions
making love - semen is supposed to have a prostoglandins in it to soften the cervix
kissing - probably should have listed that before the previous one - works because the mouth is connected to the vagina and if ones relaxed the other will be (some midwives recommend leaving couples to 'make out' in slow labours)
Nipple tweaking - much the same, releases oxyotcin
Cod liver oil - not fun wouldn't recommend it and think it has some risks attached, the idea is that if you can empty the bowel and get it to contract then the uterus will too. really wouldn't bother
crawling around the floor - supposed to help the baby get into the right position ie bum to the front head facing your tailbone - suppose scrubbing the floor might be good
dancing - sort of jazz style wiggling your hips from side to side for much the same sort of aim as the prvious one.

Can't remember any more but maybe you should get your man to take you out for a romantic curry and see where it leads. . . .
 :D :bouquet: :D :bouquet: :D :bouquet:

kirsty

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:53:25 pm »
Oliver was a weekd late and I was ready for my OH to perform a cesaerean on the kitchen table I was so desperate for him to be out!  Raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help.  The day day before Oliver arrived I had pulled ragwort in the field and then gone for a 4 mile walk so he may have arrived so that he could get a rest!!!

Food poisoning is another option!  I had a dicky tum and went to the doctor who said that since babies are essentially parasitic if they feel that you are a risk to them they will jump ship - Harry arrived the following day 10 days early!!  I wouldn't recomend it though!!!!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!!  Is this your first?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
Hot curry, hot bath, hot sex. So I'm told! Don't try it before Wednesday, although I will bring ropes and a pair of sharp scissors just in case.

sandy

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:29:13 pm »
Baby will come when it's ready, I had a sudden rush of energy the times I went into labour, nest building!!! My first daughter 2 weeks late, my second 2 weeks early and the third a planned ceaser a week before the due date!!!!! just rest, a bit like waiting for your birthday or christmas except the present lasts  ;)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:43:44 pm »
lol, This is my frist, am just bored of stearing at the same four walls !!! Got plenty of pain but nothing happening at the moment.
The best way to describe my feeling at the moment is that the baby is shoutting (which is the pain) 'are we their yet'. and my body is shoutting back NO . lol

I was gona try the raspberry but i have heard that health shops don't always sell you it. So i'll see if i can get hubby to get some for me lol.

Linz

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:54:20 pm »
Have you got any raspberry bushes in your garden
Try making tea with a leaf from the rasp bush and two or three rose leaves. The rose is good for all women's stuff  and especially after your birth.
I'm sure you're not drinking but alcohol slows labour down.
massage with a nice oil like yoyoba or almond oil with a a tiny amount of jasmine in it or if you can afford it rose absolute mmmmmmmm
I know you're really uncomfortable right now but i am quite envious - i think that my obsession with chickens right now is a result of empty nest syndrome with my eldest children leaving home.
Where are you planning to give birth?
kirsty

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 09:04:25 pm »
hehe, I'll have a look in my herb/infusion books
Am having an ozzy birth hopefull as it is my frist and not a 100% happy for a home birth for the moment.

Linz

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:14:47 pm »
Always wanted a home birth but didn't get one. There always seemed to be too many reasons for hospital.  The last one was twins. A friend just had a water birth in Perth Royal Infirmary and said it was wonderful.
kirsty

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:17:30 pm »
:) not opted for waterbirth realy but HappyHippy is the queen of homebirths around here, lol

Unicorn

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:27:54 pm »
I was getting fed up towards the end of my pregnancy and told a few friends.

They suggested that we book ourselves in a really nice restaurant for a brilliant
steak dinner and all the trimmings, desert etc, as it may be our last chance to
have dinner for two without buggies, changing bags, screaming child etc.

So we went to a place called Beefsteak Charlies, had a wonderful three courses
with fillet steak for main course and a wonderful ice cream sorbet fruit desert.

Went into labour the very next day - guess the town wasn't big enough for the both of them
(the dinner and the baby) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 09:32:15 pm »
lol maybe i should get hubby to take me out for a nice meal lol. I might get there, my mum planned a meal for my g.dad birthday but didn't get their as my sister was born lol

Linz

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 10:07:27 pm »
if you like aromatherapy, have a few sniffs from the clary sage bottle - I think the caution for pregnancies goes for all the family (sage, rosemary, thyme). check in a book or on-line though, but clary sage I remember ! I hope all goes well and the way you planned it! :&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 08:07:28 am »
:) not opted for waterbirth realy but HappyHippy is the queen of homebirths around here, lol

My niece had her first baby in May and at the last minute opted for a water birth, she says it was great. The funny thing about it, and the reason for me writing, is Niamh (the baby born in the water) loves water being splashed  on her face. She loves going in the shower and screams for the water to go over her head/face. They now take her to the swimming baths but she aint too impressed as the water just sits there! So, Niamh is still a water baby.

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:34 am »
I've only the one (now 17) but she was two weeks late !! I did try going for a jog to get her out and was still riding my horse the day before, so not sure much will bring them before they are ready. Bored with the waiting, my OH went out for a ride on his old Triumph, and ran out of petrol - by the time I had fetched a can of petrol and rescued him, my waters had broken and my daughter was born 7 hours later on the bedroom floor ! I did intend for a water birth, but got out the pool to go to the loo, when out she popped !  ;D
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS