Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: HAVE YOU WON THE LOTTO?  (Read 3872 times)

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
HAVE YOU WON THE LOTTO?
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:01 pm »
Check your tickets now all you Tassers living or holidaying in Scotland
 ;D ;D ;D

Information on web today...

A "life-changing" lottery jackpot of more than £3.6 million has been left unclaimed for almost a fortnight.

National Lottery operator Camelot is appealing for the owner of the winning ticket - bought in the Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey area of Scotland - to come forward and collect their prize.

The winning numbers in the September 23 midweek Lotto draw were 23, 25, 28, 41, 46 and 47.

The ticket-holder is owed £3,681,197 after they were the only one to match all six numbers. The ticket holder has until March 22 next year to claim the prize. :o :o :o

A National Lottery spokesman said: "We urge players everywhere to check their tickets so we can pay out this fantastic jackpot prize and the ticket-holder can start to enjoy their win.

Hope its one of you - let us know where to send our "Wish Lists" to  ::) ;D

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:12:57 pm by Snoopy »
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

sandy

Re: HAVE YOU WON THE LOTTO?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:12:01 pm »
Ooooooooooooooh, shame, don't buy a ticket anyway!!!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:16:40 pm »
damn, just four numbers off £3.6 million!
And a few hundred miles...
Little Blue

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:20 pm »
There was a syndicate of folks in the local village won millions £££££ a few years ago. I've never seen people look more miserable  :-\ One's being treated for depression and one marriage has collapsed. If that's what winning huge amounts of money does to you - I DON'T WANT IT ! £20K would be more than enough for me - Honest  ;)
As I keep telling my daughter (who is 6 and has this obsession about whether we're rich or not) "It doesn't matter that we've not got much money because we are rich in love" She's still okay with that - but for how long I just don't know  :P

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:14:36 pm »
That's exactly why I never play the Lottery.  I wouldn't know what to do with all that money and I'd probably lose my bestest friends.  I play the Thunderball if I feel like a flutter!  £250,000 is enough for anyone!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:15:14 pm »
Not me I'm afraid.  I'd LOVE to win the jackpot, not so much for me but for what I coudl do with it for other folk. I'd have nothing left in a year - but what a year it woudl be.

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:00:09 am »
Actually it was me....
I've not been on line so much this week cos I've been planning my great escape and how much I'm going to leave to each chicken in my will.
Just kidding - i've been working
kirsty

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 08:09:34 am »
I don't ever buy a tickyet as I think it is wrong that when we have so much poverty in the world 1 or 2 people can win obscene amounts of money. I do not think it would bring you happinness and infact I think it would ruin your life.  What happens with unclaimed money, does it go to the government? Actually if Camelot really cared they would make you fill in your name and address on the form, I am sure that there would be a machine that could deal with scanning such information.

sandy

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 08:17:37 am »
I would love to do something like " secret millionair" that is after I had given my children some money and bought some stuff for us...umm may buy a ticket now, I don't mind a change in my life, makes things a bit more exciting!!!

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:19:51 am »
I have always believed that winners should share.

Imagine how many people you could help, and change their lives for the better
just by sharing and splitting the winnings into say, 200,000 pound windfalls.

This is only the value of a house, but if invested wisely could set you up for the future.

Pay off Mortgage (if you have one)
Pay all debts and buy a car cash
Put kids through college
Set up a business
Set up a smallholding
Set up a retirement plan
Buy a second home for family

So many things you could do to help your family and friends, and animals by sharing ;D ;D ;D

We rarely buy a ticket, but would not let it change our life without changing others
life for the better too, and we would continue with what we do, because we love it. ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 10:46:31 pm »
I'll be waiting for my cheque julie  ;)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:23 am »
I'm originally from Nairn which falls into the missing ticket area. My Mum is a scatter brain at the best of times, and i can picture the ticket sat under a fridge magnet, or in her "other" purse and she just hasn't bothered to check.

Nice to think that one of my family could be sat with that ticket in the house and they haven't checked!! I better call!!!

I have to admit, i'd love to win £3.6M on the lottery. Just to know that was me set up and secure for life. I'd clear the mortgages of me and my immediate family -  buy out the woman upstairs - giving me a house that i'd need to convert and about 5.5 acres of land in a nice part of the world.

I'm not into flash cars, but i do like my holidays, so like a good chilli plant, i'd want to find somewhere warm to over winter - though buying a wee ski chalet wouldn't go amiss either.

maybe buy a wee place in the south of france for winter - hmmm, food, wine, sun! fantastic.

Oh, yeah, i could cope with the burden of wealth - get my self debt free, set up with my properties/investments and stick a million into a high paying interest account - giving me 40-50k a year. I'd be fine - might even go for the green, self sufficient dream.

oh, we can dream!

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 01:53:23 pm »
Sounds like a plan......
If any of the rest of us win, we'll know where to come for advice...
I have to say that like James I don't buy tickets and am really a bit scared of the idea. I have a feeling that for all my moans about work etc that challenge to keep the family fed and do a worthwhile job as well as i can as well as enjoying the world we live in by living close to the land and eating our own food is the grist that keeps my life meaningful. With a heap of money to deal with I can imagine that either the repsonsibility would get to me or I'd go off the rails with a life of sex and drugs and rock n' roll - hmmmm maybe i should buy a ticket.
kirsty

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS