Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clackmannanshire Dog Cruelty  (Read 4921 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Clackmannanshire Dog Cruelty
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:15:22 am »
Just read this on the BBC website, there is no need for this appauling cruelty

Pups found dumped in lay-by bin 

The animals were thrown into a bin in Clackmannanshire
Three Rottweiler-cross puppies have died after being dumped in a bin at a lay-by in Clackmannanshire.

The animals, which were less than 24 hours old, were discovered by a lorry driver on the A91 between Dollar and Tillicoultry on Friday afternoon.

Despite efforts to keep them alive over the weekend, the puppies later died.

The Scottish SPCA condemned the "callous and cowardly" act and have appealed for anyone with information to contact them.

Mike Flynn from the animal charity said it was likely the puppies had been dumped a few hours before they were discovered.

He added: "This was a horrendously cruel act by someone who clearly intended for these puppies to die.

"By dumping them in a bin, whoever did this literally believes it is okay to just throw animals away like rubbish.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Clackmannanshire Dog Cruelty
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:31 am »
Sickening.   The B******s want stringing up by their ***** and left to rot.
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

sandy

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:45:40 am »
Only in Jan 2 kittens were found in Alloa and a couple of months ago a women was find for not feeding her pup's, in Alloa too! I suppose it happens everywhere, but how can people be so cruel?????

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:26 pm »
I hate reading about those things!

Why on earth can't these people take them to the police station and lie about where they found them, or give them to the animal welfare.

It so infuriates me, not only has these pups died but some poor dog is mourning the loss of her puppies.

I hope someone reports them!!

Bas***ds!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »
I cannot type on here what I think.  I am sure you can all imagine
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:28:02 pm »
Yes, like Annie I'm not even going to start  >:(
Sickening !  :'(  :'(  :'(

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »
There's no excuse to this. None at all.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 01:41:49 pm »
There isn't a punishment severe enough to deal with this type of person...even if he/she could be caught...

Farmer  >:(
 :farmer:

Kerrygirl

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Killarney, Co Kerry
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 03:00:58 pm »
I personally feel an eye for an eye.  To throw them in somewhere and be left to die would be too good!  >:( >:(

In Jan of last year my OH saw a car stopping by the bridge near our house.  He thought nothing of it and carried on with his business.  Later his father called saying he could hear a puppy cry.  They found a lovely sheepdog bitch puppy clinging on for dear life in the middle of a lot of briars.  My OH waded in and got her out, put her into my animal carrier with warm milk and had a heater near her to warm her up - it was our coldest day that winter.  The next day I carried her to the local rescue shelter and gave them a donation telling them what had happened to the poor thing - she was re-homed later that day.  Its that easy.  Some people are ignorant.  Again an eye for an eye and throw that person into the freezing water, if they can do it to a defencless animal then let them see what its like!!   >:(  >:(

Sorry, rant over, get very heated over things like this! 

sandy

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 03:22:35 pm »
Some people put no value on thier lifes, less on others and none at all on animals. I have said in other threads, a Foster child I looked after for over 6 years (kept track of her until her 20's) was abused all her childhood until in care, she broke my nighbourgs cats ribs, threw one of mine out of the bedroom window, a kitten of mine went off never knew what happened to that except there were deep claw marks in the wall and hand prints up the window!!!!!she also did unmentionable th ings to another Foster Carers Dog...went on to abuse her own child who was fathered by the person that abused her.......the story goes on!!!!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:38:27 pm »
God we live in a hideous world! :'( :'( :'(

Unicorn

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 09:47:05 pm »
Count your blessings  - we are very fortunate to be here, working towards better food and a better future for our families and animals ;D ;D ;D

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 09:13:11 am »
That just makes me sick!!!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 10:14:22 am »
I once saw a man throw a cat out of a car which was going at speed, I did not get his number as I was too busy trying to see to the cat but it died.  >:( Up our way kittens are for sale anything from £30- £50 so someone could be breeding  just to make money as they do seem to sell. I on the other hand prefer to get from the CTP and give them money for at least I know they look after all kittens and cats they take in. :(

Unicorn

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 01:59:14 pm »
At the moment we have 8 cats, this time last year we had 15.

We take all kittens that are not wanted, and lotsa people abandon them near our farm, we
feed them, makethem friendly, brush them, handle them every day, and then rehome them to
customers who just fall in love with one when they visit the shop.

We have rehomed 12 kittens this year, and we benefit from not having mice or rats on our farm,
and no need to use nasty poisons.

None of them live in the house, they all live in the barn or underneath the cabin, and when I go for a
walk, I usually have at least six cats and kittens following me as well as the two dogs lol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS