Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gilts and AI?  (Read 8289 times)

mattjen

• Joined Jun 2010
  • eastington
Re: Gilts and AI?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 06:51:06 pm »
Hi just wondering where you are as we have a old spot boar,
Thanks Matt and Jenn

timattjs

• Joined Dec 2013
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 10:06:05 pm »
We're actually near Bath but the distance is not a big problem - Would you be willing for us to borrow/hire him if so we are happy to collect and deliver.

I don't know if you can see our email but happy to chat off forum if you like

Tim and Joy

mattjen

• Joined Jun 2010
  • eastington
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »
Hi Timattjs sent a couple of messages but for done reason they don't send. Can you get in touch please our email is popespigs@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks Matt and jenn

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »
That's because a lot of people who should know better still think that the carcass will be coloured after it's been de-haired.

It can depend on where you try to sell them.  Hereford Market generally has a good variety and all people seem to look for is healthy, well grown weaners, irrespective of colour.

Clive

• Joined Sep 2012
    • Precious Porkers
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 05:57:42 pm »
That's a nice website that you have Clive.
Thank You Bodger. Needs updating but I think it shows what we are about  :)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:28 pm »
If anyone is looking for a pedigree Tamworth boar to hire, mine goes on working holidays. I'm in Caerphilly, south Wales - about 25 mins from the Severn Crossing. 
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 12:40:09 pm »
I have a pedigree, registered GOS boar, 20 months old now but carefully fed to keep him lean and keen, so not too heavy for gilts of larger breeds.  He's thrown good litters of very robust piglets with no problems.  He'll travel in summer (I don't want him wading around in mud over the Winter), or accept visiting sows and gilts - presently booked until the end of April.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS