Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Autumn - Already  (Read 3640 times)

Unicorn

Autumn - Already
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »
Well - none of us got a great summer - unless youre in Spain, Italy, or the States

It's now oficciallyyyyyy  Autumn

Looking out this afternoon, there are signs of leaves going yellow already, and red berries like
holly around in the woods.

Will be getting our woolies out soon and clocks will be a changing - everyone will be tidying up and getting the lawns manicured for the last time before the frosts etc...

Is it me, or has time speeded up - I think that as we get older, time speeds up, and gravity gets stronger,
but even my little girl is saying time is going fast - and when I was here age a year was a lifetimes length.

Do you feel that too?

sandy

Re: Autumn - Already
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58:04 pm »
I love Autum, that crisp fresh air!!!!! It's funny as it gets colder the moldy jumpers come out of the draw, you can smell them!!!! When we first move we took some stunning Autum tree photos in Lanark!!

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:06:22 pm »
I must admit I prefer autumn and winter to summer anyday.

I love being all wrapped up in Jumpers and scarfs.

I am totally addicted to coats and jackets - I have loads of them, some are years old, but there
all classics in autum colours that I drag out every year and spruce up with a new silky scarf or
knit a nice modern coloured one to go with the coats.

And I adore wearing boots, walking boots, wellie boots, leather fashion boots (but not high heels)

Looking forward to knitting some nice bits and bobs sat around a wood burning stove with a lovely
hot chocolate made with milk mmmnnnmmmnnnmmnn

sandy

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:17:35 pm »
Sound great, trouble is I don't knit and hot chocolate gives me migrain, can drink loads of Whiskey and be fine but Chocolate makes me ill!!!!! I love Autum colours as well, years ago I went to Sweden and noticed everyone was wearing bright colours and on return to UK we were all in very dull, dark colours, I still am but love reds, browns and greens!!! nite nite again, I AM off now, am sooooooooo sleepy!!!

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:24:48 pm »
goodnight all

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 07:38:55 am »
Here in Belgium I have noticed a very early start to autumn. Trees turning colour, foggy mornings and a temp drop.

time to go foraging !

kevin
PS Officialy Autumn 21/09.. 8)

sandy

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 08:31:35 am »
Love a good forage , shame I have to do the B&B stuff first!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 01:43:43 pm »
I don't like cold, I don't like wet, I don't like frost, I don't like snow, I don't like wind - I want the sun back.  It's too soon to be Autumn, I haven't had Summer yet.

I'm going to sulk for 10 months till it comes back
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »
My husband has been saying for weeks that Autumn and Winter are here. I keep hitting him in the hope he will stop.  >:(

I'm with Annie, I'm going to sulk until we have a proper Summer!!!

Unicorn

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:40:52 pm »

kevin
PS Officialy Autumn 21/09.. 8)

According the press here (we are Irish though) it started on 1st September - we have a simple season flow here

Sept Oct Nov = Autumn
Dec Jan Feb = Winter
Mar Apr May = Spring
Jun Jul Aug = Summer

;D ;D ;D

Usuall dates that start withe the 21st are old Pagan festivals - i'm into that too - especially if it involves a
celebration - cheers and bottoms up ;D ;D ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:43:33 pm »
Oh today it is most definately winter.

sandy

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 07:28:58 pm »
Definatley cool! I have to keep mopping the floor as rain is making puddles in the hall and I got wet going out, my short legs in long trousers soaked up all the puddles1111 definatly not singing in the rain!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS