Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: quad log book  (Read 4653 times)

Andrea

• Joined Oct 2012
  • keyworth nottinghamshire
quad log book
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »
hi i bought a quad that is agi reg but have no log book i typed the reg in the dvla checker and it says i just need to get the tax disk from the local post office has any one done this thanks

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: quad log book
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:45:46 am »
To be on the safe side its best to ask for the new logbook and the tax disc in the same letter.

You will need a V10 (application for tax)
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065263.pdf

A V62 (application for log book)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/209995/v62.pdf

You will also need to write a cover letter stating on how you will use this vehicle (as its registered as a tractor you will need to use small amounts of the public highway between parcels of land you own etc etc).

Its also worth putting a copy of your insurance in the letter incase they cant find it on the insurance database (you need road insurance to tax a vehicle)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:10 am »
You will have to mail this to DVLA - you wont be able to do this at the post office - until next year when you will get a tax reminder as normal.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:57:13 am »
On the v10 by:-

Tax class you are applying for:(For example, private/light goods (PLG), petrol car and so on.)

You will need to write the word (class) 'Agricultural' - it needs no payment sent for tax but you will have to pay £25 for the logbook.

Andrea

• Joined Oct 2012
  • keyworth nottinghamshire
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »
hi thanks for the advice yes i have the v62 good advise will send a cover letter as well.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS