Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: House for sale with 32 acres of woodland  (Read 6828 times)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
House for sale with 32 acres of woodland
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:51:47 pm »
https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/310339/Burnend-Of-Gight/Ellon/

Saw this and I thought it may be of interest to someone

Outside aberdeen

5 beds house , triple garage, single garage, workshop, henhouse,  log cabin, 32 acres of woodland
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: House for sale with 32 acres of woodland
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 06:30:00 pm »
A lottery win purchase i think!   :thinking: £470K  :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »
That'll fetch more than half a million, in that location. Too many people earning more money than they are worth in oil.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »
I could cope with owning that.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:09 pm »
Ina,

It's been on the market for a wee while now, price may be negotiable
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:45:39 am »
Fantastic place. Not seen anything like that here for such a good price. French country property in my limited experience is generally in terrible condition and terribly overpriced. A lot of negotiation is required to get it down to something realistic for the work required. The standard of housing people are prepared to accept is far lower than in the UK. At lot of places are just abandoned as they are beyond economical repair or they just sit waiting for someone to buy them in complete ignorance of what they are taking on, which happened a lot a few years back. Many owners have run out of cash and are heading back to the UK, Belgium or Holland. They leave behind a half completed house with no hope of recovering the money they have ploughed into it.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 10:16:34 am »
If you click on the Ariel photo, the wooded area looks like it  has been well thought out when planting. I think this place is great,  need to persuade oh though :eyelashes:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 12:31:03 pm »
Ina,

It's been on the market for a wee while now, price may be negotiable

Maybe some hidden problems - or nasty neighbours... Anything like that in the area in recent times has been above half a million (well, the ones I've been aware of, anyway).

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:39:52 pm »
Gight is well out of Methlick and not that easy to get to - and teh driver centre is close so I'd think that'll keep teh price down.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 01:32:21 pm »
I noticed the driver place on Ariel view, what is that?

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »
OO, Offers Over, so probably will top 500k. However, as is true for everything, it's only worht what someone is willing to pay!
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 02:36:50 pm »
I noticed the driver place on Ariel view, what is that?
It's a driving school - pass plus, buses, lorries, vans, towing etc  - anything you want to learn how to drive.  It's maybe not as close as I first thought though it looks it on  their map.  I think it's maybe upside down as the a96 is in the wrong place :roflanim:

Edit  - I think there may be two depots, main one  near Turriff is the one I found on google maps and this has teh same post code - http://www.lilly-events.co.uk/Contact-Us.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:44:55 pm by doganjo »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 03:40:05 pm »
Just for a second I thought it was Bumend - but it was just the font.

Not my taste in the house - and it's pretty obvious it's not a smallholder that lives there  :roflanim: But it could be improved with the introduction of some livestock, mud, wellies and dog hairs  :eyelashes:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 04:08:18 pm »
Just what I was thinking Rosemary, no solid floor, too many plants for the goats etc, I like small traditional cottages and covet lots of sheep, hay, goat accommodation - but it will be a lovely home for someone.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »

Not my taste in the house - and it's pretty obvious it's not a smallholder that lives there  :roflanim: But it could be improved with the introduction of some livestock, mud, wellies and dog hairs  :eyelashes:

Yep,same thoughts here... since becoming a smallholder I have no need for mirror fronted wardrobes. Also no real grazing land, and with that lot of woodland, no woodburners in sight... but the triple garage may make a good goathouse with some ventilation...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS