Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello  (Read 7317 times)

sandy

Re: hello
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:34 pm »
That would be a funny sight, seeing Santa with a pig in his sack shuving it down a chimney ;D ;D How sweet!!!

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:35 pm »
hi , yeh it would but said father didn't see funny side  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:39 pm »
That figures, my husband was a bit too serious for his own good too.  second one was better - he had a GSOH ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 10:52:58 pm »
sounds just like men thank full he lives 500+ miles away now as he thinks the dog should be enough for any normal family  :o

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 11:20:04 pm »
Hi Vickylou,

Men- that sounds like my brother, but he thinks any pet is too much for one family, never mind a bunch of farm animals. Funny really given our upbringing on a smallholding! Anyway welcome, and I am glad you are settling in to your new area.

Beth

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 11:24:54 pm »
hi beth
 men- for me means the lot lol , yes me and the kids have settled nicely be glad when i can start getting some animals other then the dog , bunny and guinne pig , think i will be a regular on here last time i had any thing to with farm animals i was 18 so long ago  :o

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »
Hello and welcome. What a brave moe.  What made you choose Scotland (and that area). We are looking into Scotland so I am always keen to hear of others who have made the move from 'down south'.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much.
 :pig: :&>

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:32 pm »
chose Scotland by giving the kids a chose wales or Scotland and as we had just been up to the mountains in October with all the snow they chose Scotland , the area was all i could afford it was a big decision i have no family or friends any where up here i left them all in Kent but decide i wanted a safer place for my children Ive not regred the move at all was shocked at how cold it is even in the summer but kids have been so much happier here and have settled so well  ;D

sandy

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:26 pm »
We chose Scotland for several reasons, 1, we love space, countryside, trees and variable landscape, hills, mountains, valley's, rivers and coast, Scotland has the lot in abundance. 2. I liked the system of when you have an offer on a house accepted, it's yours and you can plan moving etc, we sold 4 times in England and each time something went wrong so we lost the one we were buying in "Cornwall" had a job and everything!!!!!3, my Ancestors came from Scotland and i have loads of relatives here. 4. This should have been one because I love Location Location and saw one ages ago when some couple wanted a flat in Glasgow and a small house where the husband could do his pottery, they ended up with a B&B overlooking Lock Lommand, that we could have afforded, so, we aimed for Scotland, you only live once and I LOVE IT!!! sad to leave my children and they do miss me, if I could have a magic wand and some money, I would get them up here, much much better for children and the MAIN thing is, not so narrow minded (here anyway) I felt people where I lived were too much into image and what yo had, here it's real, about life, about who you are...LOVE IT.....please don't send me back!!!!

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:20 pm »
the mountains was why it was between here and wales , we love the country side often just drive about looking at the deer and birds of prey ,and i dint do neighbours to many complaints if the kids get noisy which they do ,   well even now i always apologies if they making a lot of noise its happit before some one complains i just get looked at as if i had 2 heads then comment what do u expect they kids , but the clincher to the move was having my dogs poisoned and losing the springer , i do miss my oldest daughter and granddaughter but i had to put the younger 3 first they are loving it here

sandy

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 10:02:27 pm »
I would HATE to have to move back, this place has so much heart!!

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 10:09:16 pm »
oh I'm defiantly not moving back to england have to make the round trip to Kent every summer so kids can spend a week with there dad but thats my lot I'm staying in Scotland its nicer , friendlier cleaner

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:07 pm »
Never mind, Vicky, once they are old enough you can send them down on the train or plane on their own! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

vickylouxx

• Joined Aug 2009
  • carmathen
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 10:16:29 pm »
cant wait for that day would rather travel with the dog then the kids she better behaved and sleeps all the way  ;D

sandy

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 10:22:12 pm »
I cannot say enough good stuff about scotland, I understand why my relatives moved away WORK!!!! but it is so unspilt and so reall...I feel it will get spoilt the only reason it hasn't is the climate... long may the rain continue, with modern fabrics and loads of logs for an open fire..why worry?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS