Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hiya from a scottie :)  (Read 6390 times)

sandy

Re: Hiya from a scottie :)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:45:44 am »
Hello and welcome, looks like a "Grand Designs project" I too love the idea of renovating and also would love the money to do something like you have, keep us posted!!!!! :D

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 03:54:11 pm »
wow! you are very brave to tackle what must be a daunting prospect. I wait in anticipation for the finished article. the setting looks just magnificent.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »
Welcome to the site, If you ever need help with landscaping the area give me a bell.

Looks like lovely views.

Would love a farm house and land to call my own but it's just a pipedream for me (with no clear forseeable furture :( ) but i do have some other things to sort out before that happens anyway lol.

Hopefully you get a lot out of this site it not only friendly someone normally can help you with the query you might have.

Linz

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 03:09:46 pm »
Hello and welcome.
Wow! What a project. Can we have progress reports?

HappyHippy

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 04:25:13 pm »
Hello from another Karen, in South Lanarkshire, so fairly close.
Like the others I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with everything. If you need any help with interior design, or anything really, just give me a shout - I'd be happy to help. Got varied experience & plenty of tips (how to avoid the mistakes I made LOL!)
You must be sooooo excited ! Good luck with it all !
Karen x

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 08:53:27 pm »
Thanks folks, I'll update with pics as I take them if that's okay with you all :)

Lillibet10

• Joined Aug 2009
re. Just want to say hello to the friendliest small holding forum!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »
Hi everyone
I stumbled upon TAS this evening and it is the first forum I have ever joined.You lot are so friendly and helpful!

I was raised in Scotland but have lived in the South East of England for the past 25 years ( not lost the accent though!) I am married to Simon and we have 5 children. The good side of living south is the milder weather which makes for easier growing; the bad side is the lack of available land at a realistic price so we have an allotment and an ever increasing productive small garden. Being vegetarian, I am not interested in animal production but I would like to have chickens and ducks one day and we plan to move to a more spacious county in the next few years. Currently we are considering Devon ,as I know the area well, and  we are interested in permaculture and the transition town movement which seems to have quite a strong base there, but we don't really know enough yet to make any firm decision. Any suggestions and advice from members would be appreciated.

Anyway, it is fascinating reading all your postings and I hope we all share TAS for a long time to come.

Many thanks
Elizabeth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS