Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hiya from a scottie :)  (Read 6388 times)

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
Hiya from a scottie :)
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:56:45 pm »
Hi folks  :)

My name is karen, and I've just recently bought a derelict smallholding in ayrshire scotland, with 3 acres of land.  At the moment we're sorting out plans and about to hopefully rebuild our house.  In the future we have plans of developing a a fruit and veg garden keeping chooks, and hopefully a couple of porkers :)

I'm a graphic designer to trade, and in my spare time involved in dog welfare, rescue and the repeal of the current DDA.  I'm married, no kids, but two wonderful chows share our life :)

I'm really looking forward to getting to know folks here, and tapping into the wealth of knowledge you all have :)

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
Re: Hiya from a scottie :)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:38 pm »
Hello to you too. I am also a newbie today. Looks like a great site. :hshoe:
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:09:36 pm »
It does indeed  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »
Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy the site and we'll lok forward to sharing your adventures!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 11:08:50 pm »
Welcome both, any photos of the derelict place Karen.  I would love to renovate a place again, couldn't find ANYTHING down here when I was looking.  Needed to be within an hour of Stirling an I think that this is the 'horsey belt' rather than the 'central belt' ::) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:24 pm »
Where about are you Doganjo?  We looked for over 2 years before we found this place, I'm in glasgow at the mo, and we drew a 25 mile radius circle from where we are and looked at everything within it... Stirling was part of that.  By a fluke this place came up at auction a couple of months ago...  Needs a wee bit of work hehehee

me the mutts and a lovely sunset :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:43 pm »
I'm in Clackmannan - right between the bypass and the freight line!  Please can I have a nosey sometime - I LOVE looking at plans as well.  I looked for a year and half, put in offers and lost money to lawyers and surveyors, then decided to look at fixed prices only and got this one.  It's 20 years old, sits in an acre of lawn, gravel, and shrubbery, with a burn running through the front bit.  All fenced in to keep the dogs and grandchildren safe from cars and trains.  I had 21 acres in Aberdeenshire, gradually whittled down to new house build with 10 acres.  If you need any help let me know!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 11:33:44 pm »
Feel free :)  I'll defo be chasing you for all sorts of help hehehee

We have 3 acres, the house sits in just under 1, part of which about a quarter is woodland, with a burn like you :) Our nearest neighbour is about 500m away :)  I currently live in a tenement, so you can imagine the joy at no neighbours LOL  I can't tell you how excited I am about the whole venture :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 11:39:34 pm »
I'm probably too old to be thinking of moving again but if I thought I could ever sell this place I'd be looking for something like that - or is it just that grass being greener again?  What part of Ayrshire are you in?  My son lives in PAisley, my daughter's in Stilrling

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:42:46 pm »
We're near Beith.... so not far from paisley 20 mins or so.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 12:32:35 am »
That's about an hour from here I think.  Ok, if there's any help re renovation I can give just let me know - not up to heavy work but a good delegater ;D ;D ;D

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:33 am »
heheheheeheee  ;D

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:57:59 am »
re: repeal of the DDA - I take it thats Dangerous dogs act and not disability discrimination act?
Ian

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:24:00 am »
Yes LOL

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:45 am »
As the estate agent woudl say, it's got a lot of potential! We bought ours as semi-derelict but it did have a good roof! I'd like to build a new house, if there was anext time, but I love it here and it woudl have to be something pretty special to get me to move.

We'll look forward to shaing the renovations with you, if you'll let us

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS