Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Storm 2 currently Saturday afternoon 15:00 ish  (Read 8290 times)

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: Storm 2 currently Saturday afternoon 15:00 ish
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 12:25:56 pm »
I hope the weather man is getting all the storms out the way early this winter as we have had our offer accepted on that place in Orkney!!  :excited: :excited:

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2013, 12:34:56 pm »
Present forecast is for very windy weather (storms in Scotland) through until after Christmas. Then the weather is likely to turn much colder around the 11th January. That is the current view of things.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:58 pm »
I hope the weather man is getting all the storms out the way early this winter as we have had our offer accepted on that place in Orkney!!  :excited: :excited:

hooray!!!

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 09:10:06 am »
Well, that was a rough one again last night!
Just lost a cover for the tumble dryer vent....phew!!
hope you all got through this one OK?

Next is a S Westerly coming in round about 15:00 tomorrow until lunchtime Saturday........good luck!
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 09:24:23 am »

Sounds good, welll done.  I thought last night at the height of the winds with us here in Worcestershire that perhaps we are getting all the windy weather out of the way,

I looks like Orkney might be my first port of call after I make my way north after the Burns Night bash  :)
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:14 am »
Got a bit breezy last night!!  i was trying to paint the stairs, but the lights kept going on and off and the telephone was doing freaky things too.
Fields are flooded but the barns are ok, all the girls are in now, it's just too wet for them to go out in case they lamb during the day. So they are tucked up tight with hay.
My poor collie who is a bit hyper at the best of times really suffered last night she gets so stressed with stormy conditions it used to be just thunder storms that set her off now its any kind of wind or heavy rain and she starts panting and pacing up and down. She's knackered this morning.
Hope you guys up North are ok. Forecast said snow for you! Brrrrrr
Take care :wave:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 09:42:49 am »
Stormy last night and hailing and sleeting so the collies came into the horse barn out of their kennels. Wild night,  I slept downstairs by the stove as it was quieter than the in the eaves bedrooms upstairs,

Fierce snow shower this morning altho it's brighter now.

Looking forward to the calm day on boxing day to be honest, it seems to be wild forecast until then!! :(

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:39 am »
Aye L&M,

Yes, hopefully some calm soonish. No break on the horizon with the forecasts I use....fingers crossed!
Rgds
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
just waiting for people to start uploading their mobile clips from the shetland to aberdeen ferry  :o 3 people injured and cars damaged enroute. The Slochd summit is a white out and I was driving on hail the size of frozen peas today, ah the joys.
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2013, 08:51:31 am »
My that must have been some ferry crossing.

Well, circa 15:00 today, one thing to say.......

Here it comes again!

Stay safe
Rgds
Southern - getting a bit miffed at all this wind now - Skye !
Rgds
Sskye

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS