Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More crafty showing off !  (Read 12404 times)

HappyHippy

More crafty showing off !
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:03:45 pm »
This is a set of jewellery I made (pre Connor!) the beads are handmade from Fimo clay and the silver designs are heat embossed on.
What do you think ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: More crafty showing off !
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 03:15:53 pm »
That is lovely!  If you package that in white tissue and a nice box you'd be able to sell it easily on Ebay
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:03:00 pm »
Thanks Annie, I currently sell them through the wee opticians where I work - I do a REALLY good trade in handmade spex chains too !  ;)

TBH I'd thought about ebay - do sell stuff on there from time to time, but since they changed their feedback system I'm getting numpties buying things then not paying - ebay do very little to resolve things so I've kinda given up on that.

I do have a few fairs/events that I go to and show at & am always happy to take on commisions. I'm thinking that the time has arrived to set up a website with my wares. (Especially as I'm not REALLY wanting to go back to work after maternity leave ends.)
As well as the jewellery & spec chains I make Reki healing bracelets, hair decorations & fascinators, cards, paintings, pyrography signs and do bits and pieces with sewing (clothes peg bags, dog beds etc - but as always, want to do more!), all of that on top of a home & garden design service (including feng shi schemes!). The herb & veggie garden will be getting put to use as I plan to make food stuffs & oils etc, but that will have to wait til I can convert one of the outbuildings into a wee (council approved) food prep & processing area - can you tell I've got too much time on my hands !  ::)

If anyone can recommend a good free web hosting company I'll maybe get the ball rolling ?

sandy

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:53:20 pm »
Thats just the sort of thing I would buy, for me or my girls!!!I have bought something like that from a local hairdressers and in Leicestershire, the admin workers wife made stuff that was very pretty. Not sure where you could sell other than E Bay and the odd local shop, chemist, post office etc....good luck, they are nice....

rustyme

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »
http://www.webs.com/

that used to be freewebs.com , which was what I used to set up my site . I don't use mine too much now because of the economic crash and the amount of dogs getting dumped at dogs homes etc . But it was very easy to set up with webs ....and didn't cost a penny . I hope it is of some use to you Karen , even if you use that just to start with and then move to something else later .
http://www.freewebs.com/spanielstuddogs/
  Thats my site ...very plain and boring , but you can do much more than I did .

cheers
Russ

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:09:18 pm »
Thanks Russ,
I'll be onto that tomorrow - eye's are crossing now, sleep deprivation ! Don't ya just love babies (especially when they're all snotty with the cold and keep you up ALL NIGHT !)

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 12:18:55 pm »
Lovely jewelery - nice colour and design

You are worse than me with all your projects - we finally got our food processing unit - but
joe spends most of the time in there with the pork, bacon and sausage making - I just use it one day a week when there is not pork processing, to wash and prepare fruit & vegetables for jams and chutney.

My sewing machine is due out soon - dark nights and all, and my knitting - even Tara is knitting stuff for
her dolls and dog lol - we have mosaic making sessions and watercolour and drawing sessions, and never have a dull long nite watching tv - too much to do - but Karen you have a baby too!!! Take it easy woman!!

;D ;D ;D
Julie - p.s. thought you were a healer or at least into healing too x

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »
Hi Julie,
Unfortunately I don't think all the Reki in the world would help the wee man ! He's teething  :'( so it's snot and drool all over the place, even resorted to homeopathic meds for him (which worked a treat with the girls) but he's REALLY struggling - men eh? They start with the drama early !  ;)
I know it sounds like I've got loads on - but I'm not doing it all, all of the time !
Like you the sewing machine comes out when the nights start to draw in ! I just fit in bits & pieces when I can, not much lately mind you ! Kaitlin's in school full time from 14th September and I'm just trying my best to get things up and running (and hopefully make a bit of cash) to justify not going back to work ! I can't wait till both my girls are old enough to get involved with the crafting stuff like Tara - Rebecca's 6 and she loves doing salt dough modelling, making cards and just getting involved with whatever I'm doing, but Kaitlin's another kettle of fish - just not interested yet (although I suspect she might never be, she just can't sit still !)
So for the moment I'm going to try and get a website up and running with some of my stuff and a blog (maybe a forum?) and take it from there.
I've got huge plans and no patience  ;D , but due to serious lack of cash it's all just baby steps  :P

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:11 pm »
Can I ask what sort of price you charge for that necklace set?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 01:19:15 pm »
If I remember rightly (it was pre-baby brain!) that one was £12, that's for earrings & necklace, although it's not sterling silver findings (earring hoops and clasps) the silver ones are a bit more expensive, usually starting about £15.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »
If I remember rightly (it was pre-baby brain!) that one was £12, that's for earrings & necklace, although it's not sterling silver findings (earring hoops and clasps) the silver ones are a bit more expensive, usually starting about £15.

Do you make them in different colours?  I'd be interested in two sets in silver but two different colours - Christmas presents for my two nieces-in-law.  Similar design to the one pictures.  I use paypal if that helps as well.
Annie

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 09:45:29 pm »
;D ;D ;D
Julie - p.s. thought you were a healer or at least into healing too x

Its that "I can't hear your voice again thingy - what I was trying to say was, that from your posts, and the way that
you see things - I guessed - thought- hoped maybe, that you were a healer too, I try to channel healing into my artwork - sold it to a lot of Doctor's surgeries in the past - before children past - when I had time to do it right and market it too  ;D ;D ;D!!

Funny that homeopathic remedies don't work for the baby though, they don't work on me either
- get the Bonjella out, for a nice quiet nite x x x  Julie

HappyHippy

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:01 pm »
Sorry mrs, I know what you mean about the voice thing ! If you could hear mine you'd know that it's calm, happy and not taking offence  :-*
I do a bit of Reki, the woman who got me into it all say's when she met me she was 'drawn' towards the shop where I worked, she didn't know why. She just came in and started talking to me and it went from there. So I'm not officially a Reki practitioner...............yet ;D (Got so many plans & not enough time!)

I thought you had meant why had I not sorted out the grizzly baby with the Reki ::) Duh, I'm just sleep deprived and got WAY too many things going on in my head ! (Mainly the 'marketing' thing, and the 'planning' thing, and the 'kids' thing and the 'why does my head hurt ?' thing !  ;))

I didn't put much faith in the homeopathic stuff for a long time after buying stuff out the chemist that didn't work at all, but I suffer really bad cramps in my legs (on account of the fact that I don't eat salt - just don't like the taste  :P) and was at my wits end, then I went to a wee woman homeopath who asked the most bizzarre questions - like was I afraid of snakes (no) did I like brussles sprouts (YES) then gave me these magic tablets, as soon as I get a cramp I stick 2 under my tounge and before I even shut my mouth the cramp is starting to go - it's amazing!!

Never mind the bonjella - I think it's time for the VODKA !!  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 11:02:57 pm »
Mind and have it yourself now - don't waste good tattie wine on that wee bouncer ;) ;D ;D ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 03:46:25 pm »

I didn't put much faith in the homeopathic stuff for a long time after buying stuff out the chemist that didn't work at all, but I suffer really bad cramps in my legs (on account of the fact that I don't eat salt - just don't like the taste  :P) and was at my wits end, then I went to a wee woman homeopath who asked the most bizzarre questions - like was I afraid of snakes (no) did I like brussles sprouts (YES) then gave me these magic tablets, as soon as I get a cramp I stick 2 under my tounge and before I even shut my mouth the cramp is starting to go - it's amazing!!

Never mind the bonjella - I think it's time for the VODKA !!  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D

Try bog standard tonic water it has quinning in it that prevents leg craps, I get it all the time, pre-bump as well was told to drink it when ever i get a batch of leg cramps and it goes as quick as it comes.

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS