Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is she pregnant? (pics)  (Read 2593 times)

Thrift Bee

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Co. Wicklow
Is she pregnant? (pics)
« on: November 29, 2013, 03:00:16 pm »
Forgive me, I'm new to this.

Buttercup came to us with her milking Mum at the end of August.
She was born March 5th. So she was five and a half months old when she came to us.
Her previous owner said that his buck was seperated from the girls but did manage to sneak out once!!

We have had her now 3 months and although her mum has come into season twice now, we haven't noticed any signs from Buttercup.

I hope i have attached some pics, tell me what you think.
Thrift Bee

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Is she pregnant? (pics)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »
Is she developing an udder? Most 1st kidders start quite early and a non-pregnant kid would be highly unlikely to develop an udder at this time of year.
I am not sure, but none of my kids do have a body shape like yours, so my money would be on her being in-kid...
Also the "billy sneaking out ONCE"... I wouldn't believe it to be honest..., so I would make sure she is fed well on increasing rations and you watch her closely. If she came to you end of August and had been gotten into kid just before that she would be due mid to end January.

Thrift Bee

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Co. Wicklow
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »
Isn't July/August very early in the year for her to be ready? Apart from 5or 6 months being very young?
Thrift Bee

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »
Yes...I am reasonably certain she is pregnant.    With her back end being so pink, that would suggest 3mths pregnant.    Her udder will start to appear in the next few weeks.

If she was mine, I would be marking as in kid.   Don't change her diet, you don't want the kid/s to growtoo big.
Buttercup will catch up her growth very quickly.

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »
Seasons generally Sept-Jan. However my goose of 10 yrs + always starts laying in Jan. Last year she started in Nov......all in the udder forming.
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:44 am »
Take her to the vet and get her scanned , it's the only way to get a positive yes/no answer

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 06:10:07 pm »
Take her to the vet and get her scanned , it's the only way to get a positive yes/no answer

Agreed. But from the pictures, I would say she is pregnant.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS